Airing a new cot mattress

Lols82

Reaction score
How long should a new cot mattress be aired out for before use? I naively bought a new one yesterday thinking it would be ready to use straight away in my twins new cot, until I got a whiff of the strong chemical smell coming from it. My two boys had to sleep with me and their dad relegated to our couch.

Anyone? It's recommended 48 hours in the leaflet x

Id perhaps leave it 48h and see how things are.

If it still smells personally I wouldnt use it. Ive infact opted for a natural matress with the snuzpod because ive heard of other matresses smelling quite chemically.

Perhaps even spray it down with some warm water and non bio soap powder. It may just be that its so new and the smell takes a bit to lose. I build jacksons bed 2w ago almost and his room still smells of fresh wood.

xxxx

If it still smells personally I wouldnt use it. Ive infact opted for a natural matress with the snuzpod because ive heard of other matresses smelling quite chemically.

Perhaps even spray it down with some warm water and non bio soap powder. It may just be that its so new and the smell takes a bit to lose. I build jacksons bed 2w ago almost and his room still smells of fresh wood.

xxxx

I've left it the 47 hours there's still a slight smell but not like it was, I know there will probably be a 'newness' smell also - I had no idea they even needed aired 😳😳

xxxx

I've left it the 47 hours there's still a slight smell but not like it was, I know there will probably be a 'newness' smell also - I had no idea they even needed aired 😳😳

Usually its 24h, well jacksons sprung mattress was.

I imagine its probably been wrapped in plastic for a while, prob leave once its used more. If theres a sleeve tke tht off and wash it nd spray down the matress.

xxxx

xxxx

Usually its 24h, well jacksons sprung mattress was.

I imagine its probably been wrapped in plastic for a while, prob leave once its used more. If theres a sleeve tke tht off and wash it nd spray down the matress.

xxxx

Well it's new so there's not going to be no smell right? I just make myself super paranoid when I start googling things x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back