Air travel

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
How early in pregnancy is it safe to travel by air? Due to head to Latvia in mid July, when I'm just about 10 weeks. Going to take a sleeper train up to St Petersburg from Riga, all going well, and stay a few days there too. My system will get messed up there for sure as in St Petersburg in July they have "white nights" - the sun doesn't go down at all, you're so far north! But it's exciting, and I'd hate to be told I can't go!

Sue

Hi there, as far as I know it is safe to fly up until week 32 or so (although that depends on the airline.) But it is safe to fly in early pregnancy so there should be no reason why they will not let you go. Just make sure you drink bottled water and be careful about what you eat, and have a great time!! :D

I'm not sure but when I went to my gyno I ws handed a list of papers including wha ttypes of medications you can take while being pregnant and I know it said about traveling is fine but not around like the last month or 2 before giving birth....or something like that...I
d have to look but the papers in Jons car and I don't feel like getting it right now! :? :roll:

Hello

I was told not to travel in the first 3 months or the last 2 months but I'm not sure if thats universal advice. Best to check with your midwife I guess.

Louise x

Hi,
Im going to Bulgaria on monday for 2 weeks (YEAHHHHHH!!!) I spoke to the Dr and Nurse at EPAU and they both said, that it is ok to fly as long as pregnancy is progressing ok, and you contact your insurance company and inform them of pregnancy.
Im only 5 weeks and nurse said that Hols will be certainly more beneficial than detrimental as long as i TAKE IT EASY.
Enjoy, sounds like a great time xx
Hels xx

Well I spoke to my health nurse today and she said that she couldn't give me a hard and fast rule, but she travelled at 5 and 6 weeks all the way to Canada! Then she told me that she bled afterward and always wondered if that was why. So she told me that it would be better for my peace of mind if I waited till after 14 weeks or so. I still have to talk to my husband about this...it seems unfair. But then if I lost my baby, I would be kicking myself for the rest of my life for being so selfish.

Sue

Hi I'm the same as tiny sue! I was ment to go to spain I would be 11 weeks (I't would have been next week) But I decided the same, if anything was to happen I would want to be here at home, baby is more important that a holiday, the doctor said it was ok, but it was up to me, But i am lucky i'm going away in august so I think it is up to the person!

I'm going to Spain at 11 and a half weeks preg and was told it's fine as long as I wear stockings for the blood flow :shock: due to the bleeding I'm a tad apprehensive now

I'm nearly 7 weeks and going to Tenerife on Saturday. Not suffering any tiredness or sickness yet so looking forward to it and not at all worried. However, I'm placing bets on the sickness kicking in as soon as I arrive - that would just be typical!

Well girls, Im off on my hols, so will speak when Im back in 2 weeks
Love Hels xx 8)

i flew to Australia at 8 weeks and baby it didn't harm baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89