Air raid sirens in wales yesterday??

glitzyglamgirl

Reaction score
Yesterday morning I popped to the shop, and when I came back and got out the car, I could hear an air raid siren :shock: It seemed like it was a few miles away, but I could definitely hear it. I called OH out and he could hear it too. Ive googled and cant find anything about it, so im intrigued! Anyone hear it too or know what it was???

i heard one yesterday!!!
im miles away from you but i was in the bathroom and heard it outside and i thought how odd :think:

there isnt a war planned that we dont know about is there?? :lol:

They sound one by us about once a year. I think they would still use it as some sort of earl;y warning sysem if they needed to. Maybe in the event of a terrorist attack. I suspect you live in a rural area as I do and it's difficult to get word round uickly. Was there anything on the news??

I live in a very rural area right on the edge of the valleys, so yeah that could explain it, atleast I know what to listen out for now, but how do you know when its a test or for real :shock:

Theres hasnt been anything on the news.

They let off an air raid siren here when they're about to blast in the quarry

They let off an air raid warning near us when there has been a problem at the chemical plant.

Dont want to worry you, but thats what ours was for :shock:

we still hear them being tested sometimes.

It might have been a flood warning siren. It's just said on our local news they are using them to warn of flooding.

I remember when I was at school.. sat in geography class getting on with my work as usual ( :rotfl: yeh right) and I heard this too :think: for a moment a sh;t myself cos I thought we were gonna get bombed or summet :lol: somebody told me they did it every thursday to test it in case it was ever needed but i've never ever heard it again :think:

When i used to live in "odd"morden... They used to let a siren go off to warn us of flooding..

Wasnt much fooking use when it did though, my cellar was 2ft in water when they decided to warn us :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back