Aidan James Jorgen Brent born 6.12.2005 11lb 3oz

Ragna

Reaction score
Thank you So much Sami for letting everyone know.

Im home now !!!!! with my little Bundle !!!

Will tell you all the details in another thread but basically waters broke on their own at 4.15 and he arrived 1 hour and 15 minutes later after 3 pushes and only Gas and Air....Didnt have time to have an epidural AGAIN!! Could not believe his size, and nor could the midwifes !! (had a prosession of docs and midwifes coming to look at the "large baby" on ward 9 lol) Had a major Tear inside but didnt need to go to theatre and had it some of it stitched under gas and air...(wow that stuff is good) Feeling very tired and tender but getting there.

Can someone tell me how to post pics, as I have loads but havnt a clue..unless someone can do it for me ([email protected])

Thank you all for your lovely messages xxxx

Ragna xxx

Congratulations!!!

Fantastic news on your little bundle of joy, Can't wait to see the piccies!!

Take Care

:D :D

Hi Ragna, glad you are home and well and buba too. Looking forward to seeing those pictures-I don't have a clue how to load them!

Hope you will still come on forum regularly.

Take care and love to you all. xxx

hello and congradulations
again, and as well have no idea how to load pictures.
Katrina

congratulations ragna and hubby and family

i am soooo pleased for you.

look forward to seeing piccies. i dont know how to post them so i cant help. sorry

x

Wow, that was a very quick birth compared to your last ones!

So excited and pleased for you!

Can't wait to see piccies!

Have a fantastic Christmas!

i cant belive the size, well done you!!!!!

xxxxxxx

congratulations to you all :lol: :lol:

cant wait to see the piccys.

take care
claire
xxx

Yay congratulations again :D

Just sent you a text about the pictures, xxx

oh ragna, what wonderful news! congratulations!!!!! and what a speedy delivery!!!

i love the name you picked too!

can't wait to see the pics!!! :D

Well Done Ragna!!!

I was on ward 9 bay 2 bed 6!!
Were the twins still there?

I wish I could remember all the midwives names that helped me but I only remember the one who delivered Phoebe. A young lady called Esther. She worked on post-natal ward 9 too!!!

Cant wait to see the pics. I use www.photobucket.com. Click on browse and find the pics you want. Then click submit or download and they will download on to photobucket (you'll see them on the screen) then select the pic and create an IMG code for them. Then just copy and paste them onto a new topic or post reply on the forum.
You have to open an account first but thats self explanatory. Can't wait to see pics!!

:lol:

Congratulations Ragna

He is a big one isnt he well done you and hope things are going well for you

xxx

Congratualtions Ragna, glad you and little un (or should i say big un!! lol) are doing well x x

:D CONGRATULATIONS!! :D
What a whopper! Crikey!!!!! :shock:
Take Care
xxx

Congratulations!!!!!

Bouncy boy!!! :lol:

Cant wait to see pics!!!

Love to you all x

Wonderful news..................well done you ! :) :)

Lets see some pics !

Love julie
xxx

Congratulations Ragna!!!!!

You must be exhausted now. I can't believe you had such a large boy, you must feel very proud of yourself, I know I would....

Congratulations Ragna - what a size! Glad the labour went well!

LBxx

Ok, well here are details of Aidans Birth.............

Went in at 8am on Monday 5th December to be induced. Was eventually taken down to the Labour ward at around 11.30am (they were busy) and after waiting around for a few more hours was given my first pessary at around 2.15 and strapped to a monitor and left !!! Was bursting for the Loo, so Tony had to go and find someone to take me off after an hour. (They were still busy) We then went for a walk around the Hospital in the hope that the gravity might get me started. We walked from Pathology to Out patients and although I could feel a lot of pressure there didnt appear to be anything much happening !! Returned to the Labour ward after a quick cup of Chocolate and a Sandwich to pace the room to no avail. We watched a bit of TV, didn't see any midwifes (they were very very busy) and took ourselves off again for some more walking. Paced more corridors of the hospital, the grounds and when we returned at 6.15pm we was told that the Doctors had been down to see me because they had decided because of my history with clotting etc they were going to send me back down to the Ward and start again tomorrow. Groan...but in a way I was tired anyway. We waited then until 10pm for someone to come and see me and off we went down to Ward 10 for the night. Tony went home around 10.30 leaving me watching TV in Bed (those TV things are soooo clever) all ready for the next day!!

At around 12.00 I began to get some mild contractions which I could breathe through, they did appear to get quite intense so I asked for some pain relief, they gave me a couple of pills..and it did help I kept feeling the need to go to the toilet (must have been his head bearing down I guess) Around 2am I lay down on the bed and managed to get some sleep whilst breathing through the contractions which didnt seem to be so bad. At 4am I awoke to my waters had broken all over the bed. They checked and I was around 2-3cm dilated but Aidans head was still high up. Carryed on with the breathing until the contractions seemed to be continous at which point the midwife rang Tony and got me a Porter with a Chair. Cue, my most embarassing moment in Labour, when my waters went whilst being wheeled down to Labour ward and left a trail all the way there !!!

Got there around 4.40 and Tony appeared 5 minutes later. I had already started on the Gas and air inbetween moaning about it..."dont like this stuff" Puff Puff....and asking for an epidural to be told again (this has happened to me 3 times now!!!) that I was 7cm and that the baby would be here very soon !!! So off I puffed on the Gas and Air oblivous to the fact I was having a baby and visually riding the wave (dont know who told me bout that one but it sure worked !!) I do remember saying that I needed to push, and I pushed once and the head crowned, pushed twice and his head came out, and then gave last push (this was all in the space of minutes) and out Aidan came at 5.34am !!! Gas wore off and I realised that I had given birth to our little man. Well big man, who we have since been told by hospital was actually 11lb 4oz !!! (not 3oz)

Unfortunately because it happened so fast and he was so big. I had an internal tear of around 6 inches long and more on the outside. I was examined and that was 100 times worse than the birth and even though I used Gas and Air I was in a lot of pain and was very distressed. At one point I was prepared for theatre until they realised I had had a drink and then was given the option of either waiting for 4 hours or braving it with Gas and Air again and internal Pelvic injection. I decided on the latter. However this time it was another Registrar and the experience was totally different and the Gas and air was all I needed and she stitched up what needed to be but some was left as it would heal by itself. The relief when that was over was unbelievable and I could then start to enjoy our little man.
This is my sixth baby but that feeling afterwards when you see them lying there is just the best feeling in the world. Knowing this is 100% my last baby has made the experience even more special. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back