Ahhh shingles!

fairyprincess

Reaction score
So I had shingles about 3 years ago- wasn't terribly ill with it but took 2 weeks off work mainly just due to how tired and fluey I was.

Woke up this morning really itchy in the suspect places- inner thighs, neck and sides of stomach n back. This has got worse throughout the day so thought I'll have a bath, took off my clothes and low and behold shingles rash has returned n is slowly spreading!

Checked it out and it's not harmful to baby at all so there's nothing to do about it other than hope I don't get poorly x

Thanks hun, have just text my midwife to let her know just in case x

Hope you don't feel to terrible and get better soon. X

Thanks, I felt fine earlier but have gone tired so now cuddled up on sofa x

Plently of rest fairyprincess - get better soon xxx

I've got a terrible rash come up this evening on the back of my legs, in the crease of my knee, it's quite sore and puffy its the only reason I noticed it.

Oh gosh my granda had that and he was in agony!!

Hope you get well soon.

xxxx

I had shingles in 2011. It's awful!! Can't imagine having it when pregnant :(
But once you've had it apparently you can get it again at any time especially when your immune system is compromised.
Really hope it clears up quickly for you xx

Yeah this is my 3rd recurrence! Yesterday I felt really rough and had to take paracetamol to help with the stabbing pain etc but feel a little bit better today. Just gonna take it easy over the weekend (ha what's new)! X

Just had my 3rd bath of the day lol as it's the only thing that relieves the itching x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back