agonising back pain

Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
Hey,
For the past few days i've had a sore back but it's just getting worse. I can't find a single comfy position, walking hurts, sitting hurts, laying on my side hurts. Laying on my back is most comfy (kinda half propped up) but i'm worried it'l hurt baby :(
I've got a midwife app tomorrow (a routine one) so i'll mention it then but i don't see what she can do, i feel a bit bed bound!

I've tried a warm bath, any other ideas?

Ive suffering a bit with back pain!
I hope it doesn't get too much worse!!
Its horrid..
I just get the boyfriend to give me massages though ha :dance:

i've had this too hun, it's horrible :(

take paracetamol if you need to, also use a hot water bottle for a bit, i found it helps to soothe it for a while. my m/w said it's fine to use one as long as your not using it constantly on your tummy.

:hug: :hug:

AH hon sorry to hear your back is hurting
Yes def get you hubby to give you a back rub love
Ive had a few day where the bump feels very heavy and my back kills i end up pacing with it.
I found a long shower helped me.
I hope your midwife can give you some better advice.
Goodluck tommorow
Hug :hug: From me

ive had bad back ache since i got preg, think its cos of the anterior placenta i have!!

Baby pushing on my back

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Don't worry about lying on your back hurting your baby - I had an antenatal class with the physiotherapist and she said it is OK to lie on your back. I can't remember exactly, but basically you would feel rubbish (was it numbness or something else? ) from it long before it was having serious effect on you. Or something like that. I'm sorry, my preganancy brain only keeps the occasional bit of information now :( But I clearly remember her saying it was OK to lie on your back because I was very relieved as I prefer to lie on my back in the evening.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Hey, thanks guys :)
Midwife said it sounded like sciatica and she told me to make an appointment with the gp - which i've made for thursday, and he should be able to confirm that and prescribe me some painkillers.
She also said if it still hurt in a few weeks then she'd fast track refer me to physio -which is all good :)
until then i've been told to take paracetemol and have warm baths :)

I didn't sleep very well last night and i did end up laying on my back so i'm glad to hear it doesn't cause any probs!

I sleep on my back and I don't have any problems - I think it can cause numbness when u are bigger as your circulation is restricted.

I have a killer sore back just now cos of the cold and lying on my back is the only thing that makes it feel better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back