agnus castus?

Bellarina

Reaction score
hey girls im considering getting some agnus castus as cycle is stupid long....could someone please tell e a bit about it, i.e. is it herbal? what exactly does it do?

im pretty much willing to try anything now

hi bella

i started AC at this month after reading some really positive clinical trials (albeit small

studies). its supposed to regulate your cycle - and i don't normally go in for this kind of

thing, but thought it was worth a try. it was on offer last month in holland and barratt so

wasn't too expensive (£3 something). Af is due today, so fx its worked and i start to get

some normality back following the mirena coil hormones.

i say give it a try - will let you know if any difference this month!

clara x

Hey Bellarina,

I have been taking it and my cycles have reduced from 102, 90, 60 then started AC in May (mc'd august) now it's 36 days. I take 1500-2000mg to ovulation then reduce it to 500 but some stop completely.

Considering I have Endo, it's really helped and lifted my spirits. I take lots of diff supplements and I feel much more positive about things. Hope it works for you xxx

Hey hun!

I used AC last month as been having weird cycles since July and the month after taking them im back to 28 days....well I hope so as iv OV so FX i am :) x

ooo how long wer ur cycles before taking it hun? xxx

ooo how long wer ur cycles before taking it hun? xxx
Well went on holiday in July and when I got back my next period in August was in total 45 days then they varied from 21-38 (mostly high days) but touch wood they seem since last month a little better! I hope! LOL x

hey girls do you have to start taking AC from cd 1 or can you take it midway thro (im cd 70 today so wondered if i could start now or it ii have to wait till new cycle starts)

xxx

Hey you can start anytime as your cycles are so long. People normally only take it up to Ov but my AF started in Feb, took it in may and got a bfp in July. I took it throughout in an attempt to kick in AF then got bfp so stopped taking it when I found out. I took it throughout after mc in Aug, till October then now I only do it to Ov.

Don't worry Hun xx

ah right i may try and pick some up then...iv not done up to now as was worried id just be replacing filling my body with contraceptive pills with filling my body with tablets to kick start hormones so was reluctant but feeling v frustrated now. thank you hun xxx

I'm thinking of trying this too Bellarina if I don't get bfp this month - it's a herb, I know that much, so won't mess up your body like the pill.... It's good that you're staying positive and looking at ways to help yourself :) Hope you get on ok with it xx

thank you hun, gonna go to town to holland and barrett tomorro and pick some up.

is it meant to be taken with food or anything? and how much are you meant to take a day to see an effect? is it 2000mg or 1500mg?

xxxx

I don't know tbh, but the staff at H & B are usually quite helpful and fairly knowledgeable, or you could check it out on internet.... Let me know if you find out anything interesting.... :) xx

Normally taken with meals so I have two in the morning and two at night. Something is clearly working for me I have gone down to 26days! Have been spotting today and yesterday (sorry tmi) so I'm going to take it down to 1000mg up to Ov (2 capsules a day) then stop until AF arrives.

People say it has to be in your system for a few weeks before it starts working but you never know. Hope your AF arrives soon xx

Iv bought some today each capsule is 800mg an i gotta take 2 a day so 1600 a day. Do i take them.up until i ov? Xx

Yes, it's normally up to Ov then stop till AF arrives and start again.

You can take it throughout your cycle but take one capsule a day from Ov instead until AF arrives. I did take it throughout but my cycles have really shortened so need to just take 1200mg till Ov now.

Does H&B say one a day?x

They told me two a day. Did u lower ur dosage urself or wer u told tp
o lower it. Itshard to know wot to do for the best isnt it.

Dounds awesome that ur cycles hav gone down so.much. How long u been on it and how.long wer ur cycles before? Xxx

My cycles are from last November CD 93 until march, CD125 then BFP July 5th & mc 25th Aug, CD 53days, CD 36 and now possibly 26days but it's just spotting at the moment. I started taking AC in May every day.

I did loads of research prior, then I started acupuncture in June and supplements in May. I've lowered it based on my cycles shortening, I don't want them any shortened less than 28 days. I am hoping just to keep them regular now and because they have shortened I dont need to take it through out.

Its up to you :) are you using opks to see if you have ov'd yet?x

I had a positive opk pn cd 16 and stopped doin them couple of days later as they got lifhter so havent done them since then (woulda cost a fortune if done them up til now lol)

sounds promising how much urs hav lowered hun u must b chuffed! Xx

They told me two a day. Did u lower ur dosage urself or wer u told tp
o lower it. Itshard to know wot to do for the best isnt it.

Dounds awesome that ur cycles hav gone down so.much. How long u been on it and how.long wer ur cycles before? Xxx

hi hun

i took the 2 capsules from the first day, as thats what they told me in holland and barratt and def felt ovulation for the first time in 5 months. think it worked for me, cos as you know got my BFP this month!

good luck bella - you'll get yours soon i'm sure

clara x

Did u take it first day of new cycle or midway thro one? Iv started today on cd71 or i could b waoting forever!

How many mg did u take etc etc sorry really wanna pick r brains on every detail of ur experience espec as u got ur bfp so its obv worked xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back