Agnus Castus

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by kellysomer, May 29, 2005.

1. kellysomer

kellysomer Well-Known Member

Hi has anyone else used agnus castus i bought some yesterday i the hope that it might help regulate my Af as i am now 14 months post depo and still irregular, last month i was 28 days and this one 33 so getting better.

Has anyone else used this herb and had any luck or know what exactly it meant to do? I had it recommended on another forum. I am taking the 500mg a day one if that helps?

:p

2. shez

shez Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have started taking AC also. I came off the bcp in feb, had 1 regular af and not seen anything since - now on CD73. I was advised also to take AC which should help regulate things. I've only been taking it for about a fortnight but nothing has happened yet. Evenso, i have been told it can take up to 3-4 months for it to work properly.

S

3. kellysomer

kellysomer Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply shez!

You arent a record breaker until you beat my CD93! I feel like i am rapidly heading for the 2 year marker by the time the herbs work! AHHHH! Perhaps i need to take them a months supply a day, (only joking lol)

The BCP and depo really are a pain, once (if) i have a baby i am definatly not taking any contraception again unless i decide to definatly have no more! Doesnt it take so long to get out the system! I can so sympathise with you.

At least because its a herb it cant do any harm. One things strange tho it says dont take if you are PG, that worries me that i might not know if i am and carry on taking it by accident. What do you think?

4. shez

shez Well-Known Member

i heard that too, which also worries me. Have you tested/gone to the gp yet? i went when i was 6 days late mainly because i had severe bloating and heartburn which was making me feel really ill. He sent me straight for a blood test which came back -tive and i've since taken another test at about CD45 but that was also -tive. Not sure what else to do to tell you the truth. Iget regular cramping in my right ovary area which comes and goes and i'm dreading if its a cyst. I wasn't on the injections but Trinordial bcp but like you i ain't about to go back on it if they do finally get pg/regular af. Ain't it a drag evenso dh is loving all the bding we're getting in the meantime.

Shez

5. Sal

Sal Active Member

kellysomer how long after coming off depo did it take you to have a period? I got one after three weeks (three weeks after I would have had another injection if you know what i mean). My friend has been off Depo for 18 months now and still hasn't had a period at all.

x