Age gap nerves

Lilmisshopeful

Reaction score
My daughter will be 19 January 23 and I'm due January 8th no children in-between just several miscarriages. Starting to feel a little nervous like a first time mum lol. I know I did ok with Emma she is such a good girl and going to uni in September so why am I so worried if I'm going to be a good mum lol. One moving out and a baby so nervous but so excited too x

You are going to do great! I think it will all come rushing back once you have you lo in your arms :D

I'm sure you will be a fab mum. It's a big step with your daughter leaving home and I think that your new baby will make that a bit easier in some respects. My youngest will be almost 13 when our new baby arrives (all being well) and my eldest will be almost 16 so I understand how you are feeling. Finding all this quite tiring 12 years on though! Good luck! xxx

Hi lilmisshopeful

i'm tri hopping here, but i saw your post and relate so much. My DD will be 19 in October, she is also going to uni in September. My DH has no biological children of his own and i've only been pregnant one other time, which was my recent mc. my DD is such a good girl, i've never had any problems with her other than your usual teenage mood swings now and again lol.

I was 15 when i had my daughter but for some reason i'm more nervous about becoming a mum this time around. I can't explain it but i'm just so worried i won't do a good enough job. my husband and daughter keep telling me i'll be great and if i can do it at 15 on my own then i'll be great at 34 with a husband.

anyway just wanted to tell you that i know how your feeling xx

My daughter is 17 in Dec, and I am due 1st Jan. Sadly my daughter doesn't live with us anymore....long story, met a boy and her interfering grandmother gave her all the rein she asked for! Madness but that is another story, can feel my blood boiling!
I married my lovely husband last octoberr and we really wanted to have a child together. So here we are I am 37, he is 40, I do feel like its the first time, 17 years is a long time!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

There is 16 years between me n my sister I'm 25 and she is 9 my mum had me at 18 and sister 34 very much planned with her husband it's lovely I'm like another mum to Olivia I can really help my mum and we have so much fun together :)) so I wouldn't worry at all xxxx

I wouldn't worry at all I'm sure your daughter will happily baby sit for you etc lol. I know someone who has a son younger then her grandchildren and a 22 year age gap and they love there younger brother x

Natural to have every sort of emotion an nerves.
I'm a first timer and I am scared that I won't cope.
Uve done it b4 it'll come to u naturally.
U can tell u r caring an a loving person just by ur post. U'll b a great mum x

Thank you all so much for you kind words and advice I dunno where I would be without you lol. Nice to know I'm not te only worry bum and others have huge age gaps too. my daughter is so excited bless her but trying to hide it. Scared I think with all the mc. Things have changed so much since I had her so it's like all new to me and my baby brain lol x

I'm nervous about having a 3 year age gap! Feel like a first timer again and it wasnt even 3 years ago i give birth lol! so excited though!! xxxx

My partners children are 20 and 18.... And ours is due in January. I'm hoping they will still have a bond with the baby !

I am 27 my I have a 17 year old brother and another who is 12 and another who is 14 and little one who is 6 !! It s lovely x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back