Afterpains

*Star*

Reaction score
When do these ease off?
Mine have eased off quite a lot since she was born, but I'm still getting them and they'll come at random.
With the boys I only got them when I was feeding, but with Amelia, they will come out of the blue, not just during a feed.

I don't think I got them...if I did they weren't bad enough for me to notice.
Hope they go soon hun. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

hi hun. i had them terribly with ted. after about a week we were walkng around morrisons and i was crippled with pain i couldnt hold back the tears. and i also had to drive back home to..just keep taking paracetamols make sure you are resting my midwife told me that i had them longer because i wasnt sitting down and resting i was jsut on the go a lot. get family to help out if you can xx

i think i had them for about a week and then didnt really feel them after that

yeah, i hope it wont be much longer than a week for them. they seem to get worse with each pregnancy though :(

they do get worse with each baby hun, mine did too. my doctor told me if I had a fourth they'd be even worse! Won't be doing that though :talkhand:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

*Star* said:
yeah, i hope it wont be much longer than a week for them. they seem to get worse with each pregnancy though :(

thanks for that lol,

They do definitely get worse with each baby. I was taking paracetemol and ibruprofen alternately every 2 hours cos they hurt so much with number 3. Dreading this time round. Was most painful when feeding but they did ease after a week or 10 days. Just use the painkillers and tyry not to feel guilty about it. My midwife said it was fine short term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back