After pains?

Babylicious

Reaction score
do they really hurt that much, talking over in tri 3 about it has got me all worried as I don't remember getting them with Paris

I remember pains when I first started breastfeeding, is that the same thing? It was like the contractions but less strong..

leckershell said:
I remember pains when I first started breastfeeding, is that the same thing? It was like the contractions but less strong..

Yes you tend to get afterpains when you breasfeed your baby, breastfeeding helps the uterus to contract back to its original size, hence resulting in afterpains. Which seem to get worse with each baby :(

I remember having bags upon bags of oxytocin pumped into me after having Tia to try and get me to expel the placenta (didn't work :roll:) then to get my uterus to contract asap in order to stop my haemorrhage.... The pain was intense but nothing compared to the labour ones tbh... you could put your hand on my belly and actually feel my tiny withered uterus contracting under there, and the first 24 hours were pretty uncomfortable.

I only remember having issues with it for a couple of days after birth... I wouldn't say they were "painful" like real contractions though.. :think:

cor I'm dreading it now, just hope I can come home and have a hot water bottle for my tum

I forgot all about those.

I remember them after having George.

:( Oooh feck

Must admit, mine were very painful and hurt more than my labour. I went through labour with no pain relief tho but had to take paracetamol for the afterpains the week after.

i didnt have any pains after Isla at all, as soon as she was born the pain stopped. I had no idea why they kept trying to give me paracetamol?

I think they get worse after subsequent babies..... :roll:

I dont think I had them :? Mind you, I can't tell you what day it is let alone what happened 10 weeks ago!

my afterpains dont hurt no where near as bad as my labour, but afterpains are rather painful, still got some :x

people had always told me as soon as babys born the pain stops- and altho it subsided loads it didnt completely stop, and i thought "liars!" hehe but it stopped once the placenta was out.

when i breast-fed for first few days i could feel my uterus contracting it hurt like period pain not really bad but i heard it gets worse with each baby

I did not get them after my first baby its seemingly only after you have more than one child I had a c section and after that felt like I was having labour to with all the after pains really painful needed pain relief hot water bottle making me dread them this time was told to breath through the pains

I got them after I had Jack and they were painful enough to wake me up from my sleep, still nowhere near as bad as labour though. Plus my midwife gave me codeine then inbetween that paracetemol then codeine again so that took pain off. after a couple of days they went completely

I didn't really notice them, but I was taking co-codomol for pain in stitches so that may have hid them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back