After miscarriage is it normal to be irrational ???

Bump37

Reaction score
Hey,

I had a miscarriage in February at 8 weeks after bleeding and pain. I fell pregnant the following month but at 8 weeks started bleeding again. Thank god, baby was good with strong heartbeat; however, was awful wait till 12 week scan but again, all okay. Now 15 weeks gone with an ever expanding waist line but still cant relax, no flutters as yet and can't pick heartbeat up on home monitor. I know it's irrational (I had 2 perfect pregnancies before all this and never batted an eyelid throughout!) but still worried! Midwife next week and cant wait to hear baby, just need something to let me know alls ok.....am I being paranoid???

No! I lost last pregnancy and I check my knickers every day! I'm convinced my scans will show a loss even though there's no sign. It's irrational but normal. Remember you have far far more chance if being successful than losing

Paranoia goes hand in hand with pregnancy!!

I do understand how you feel lovely - try to relax and enjoy though (says she who was worried sick for 38 weeks ;) )

Nope, you sound like me!!!

I'm nearly 20w and can feel the baby moving, and I STILL panic and use the doppler regularly. I'm currently getting all worked up about my 20w scan....

I find though that every positive step reassures me for a short period, then i'm back to worrying...

Thanks for the reassurance ladies!! Feels like I'm walking on egg shells on the inside but have a false exterior that i display to everyone else! nice to know Im not alone! Can't wait for Midwife appointment next week to hear the heartbeat....can't seem to find anything but my own pulse on my Doppler!! :):)

Just found heartbeat!!! Paranoia gone lol ....or now at least!:)

Normal I couldn't relax until 24 weeks even after my losses. Even though both had been earlier on.I just wanted v day! Now I am in the last few weeks and I don't worry about things so much I have to say for ke pregnancy isn't an enjoyable experiance will be well worth it for baby but I am jelous of those who sail through no worrys and enjoy every min!

Sorry to jump in. Iv had an early miscarriage and ectopic,...so I am super paranoid I think it's normal to be after what uv been thru. I check my knickers daily and any twinge I feel like I am going to loose it. I'm almost 12 weeks so hoping scan will help.
We all have to be positive although hard :)

Xxx

Hi

Its totally normal, i had a mc about 14 weeks in May, i'm now pregnant again and just 14+3, i also panic every time i go to the loo, when i dont feel quite right (which happens due to all the changes in my body anyway!!) and when i go for scans. .etc. Doctors and midwife have been fabulous though and we are getting more baby scans and cervical scans which is great - however i still dont sleep the night before and am a bag of nerves when im there!

Think its natural though and i wont be content until i have the baby in my arms - until then need to take it one day at a time.

Good luck ladies. xxx

Totally normal!

I got my first ever BFP on May 20th but lost my little bean on 24th May...a chemical pregnancy (early mc) which left me devastated! I caught again on my next cycle and I'm now 20 weeks pregnant with my baby boy Jaiden :D But that early loss caused my to panic all the way through tr1...I knicker checked so many times a day and I was so scared of losing. I had a private early scan at 8 weeks and saw my strong jelly bean for the first time :D I then had my 12 week scan which showed a very active bouncing baby....another private gender scan at 17 weeks revealing a very active boy! Tomorrow is my 20 week scan :) I still panic now even though I can feel him daily.

I think it's natural to panic and think irrationally after suffering a loss :hugs: xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back