after 3 cycles of watching...

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by Melanie3103, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Melanie3103

Melanie3103 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Very excited to have noticed quite a big thing on my records. I get quite a significant bbt dip on the ACTUAL day of ovulation - it's happened all 3 times when I was convinced I ovulated. It's only when I look back at the 3 cycles side by side that I spotted it.

I have always looked out for the temps rising post ovulation, but never noticed the very distinct dip on the actual day. I then read into it a bit, and it seems that some women do see a fairly significant drop on the day of ovulation. In fact I even read that some women use it as a form of birth control (which seems a tad risky to me but still)... so if this continues to be the case.. then it's quite a good little spot. Really thrilled.

Sounds strange, but something like ttc - with all it's waiting and guesswork - all of it is grey areas and there is no "norm" - I like to find patterns and reasons for things - it helps me feel slightly more in control of something that is soooo out of my control - if that makes sense...

Thought I would share...

xx

2. LynneK

LynneK Well-Known Member

I had a wee look at mines also and noticed the same thing! Mines appear to drop by 0.2/3 on the day...will be looking out for it this month! What cd ru? Xx

3. Melanie3103

It was a real revelation moment.

I am CD19 today, and DPO2 I believe... :)

Happy charting xx

4. LynneK

LynneK Well-Known Member

Good luck in ur tww! I'm cd1 (again!) x

5. Iwant3

Iwant3 Well-Known Member

Estrogen lowers your temperature and estrogen is at high levels at ovulation.....you sometimes also get a dip in the 2ww caused by a surge in estrogen produced by the corpus luteum (often mistaken for implantation dips!)

I usually have low temps for 2-3 days before O, altho one cycle I had a super spike the day before O and then it went down and then slowly back up after O!

6. megsmeadow

megsmeadow Well-Known Member

That's a bit cool! Hehe sorry couldn't resist! I'm not taking temps as we're only just starting tcc again but I'd be fascinated to see what mine looked like. A little bit of knowledge goes a long way, good luck!

7. Melanie3103

I think after 20yrs of bc pill, I am enjoying getting to know my body and what is 'usual for me'.. I had no idea what to expect. So I like to see patterns and like that everything seems to be happening as it should be - in preparation (hopefully) for conception.. we'll see I guess..

xx