Afraid of the toilet ?!

tinytoes

Reaction score
I need help ladies . Aoibheann is doing a fantastic job with using the toilet she can wipe and washed her hands and is dry all night . My problem is she's too afraid to get up on the toilet by herself I have a wee step and a cover to make the toilet seat small enough so she won't fall in but she won't get up by herself . Has anyone got any suggestions ? She's a very nervous child she doesn't like heights even hopping out from the car she wants help. I've been accused of babying her but she's genuinely afraid do what can I do ? I can't leave her to get upset .

My little brother used to be scared of the toilet so my mum bought a potty and a new special teddy bear (known as loo bear now!) so when he needed to go, he'd take the bear, sit him on the potty then he would be fine using the toilet as he wasn't 'alone'. It could work better with a little girl too with a doll instead xxx

Oh bless her, sorry no advice but I'm sure after time she will just do it.

What is she like when at a park playing on swings, slides and stuff like that? Suppose that's different to a child as its fun :) x

Well done of doing so good :) clever girl!sorry I can't help :( I don't think I will even attempt the normal toilet seat with Amelie until she is 4 years old. I think I will get her one of those little potties that look like a small toilet seat and she can use that until she decides/can use the big girls one.
Is it too hard/not advisable to help her up there every time? (Not in a nasty way, God that sounds weird I hope you get what I mean)

No you don't sound nasty at all :) I don't mind helping her at all . I'm just worried about when she starts Montessori in September that maybe it will still be a problem and her teacher will mind helping her ?
She's actually nervous in the playground too with climbing and playing with anything up off the ground so I suppose it's just something she will have to gain confidence with.

A lot of nurseries and schools have small, child size toilets so she might find them less intimidating and manage fine?

That's true titch I never thought of that actually :)?

I see! The Montessori school most definitely has child sized everything :) also they have their special way of actually helping kids to gain confidence. She will go just fine there I am sure.
September is still quite a while away, especially for a baby :) you may be impressed what she can do by then!!!

How about a reward chart, if you get on the toilet by yourself you get this etc???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back