AF question

emma_85

Reaction score
I hope this won't be confusing. I'll try to ask my question as clear as i possibly can!

I track my cycle using a phone app. My cycle is normally 28-30 days. Last month I was 10 days late. I have just looked at my cycle calendar and noticed that my app has predicted my AF to start in 5 days, which works out as a 38 day cycle, which was how long my cycle was last month, but that was out of the ordinary.

So, if I had a 30 day cycle (normal for me) am I 3 days late or is AF really not due for another 5 days because I was late last month?

I assumed that my cycle would go back to normal and last month was just a glitch. I'm a bit confused!

I think you'd have to see what happens over the next few months to see what your average cycle length is

I think you'd have to see what happens over the next few months to see what your average cycle length is
I know what you mean. I have tracked it for the last 8 months and I was either 28, 29 or 30 days. Only last month it was 38 days, completely random! Yet my app is now predicting 38 days for this month. I'm not sure if it's accurate. Surely my cycle should remain the same and last month was just random?

I'm interested in this as I use an app which just replicates the month before but there is no pattern...I guess that makes sense but doesn't help.

Maybe BBT will help too? Do you do that? X

I'm interested in this as I use an app which just replicates the month before but there is no pattern...I guess that makes sense but doesn't help.

I don't take my temp actually. If AF does show up this month I will start taking my temp in the morning. It's tricky to ever know for sure. :wall2:

I don't take my temp actually. If AF does show up this month I will start taking my temp in the morning. It's tricky to ever know for sure. :wall2:

I've started BBT to try find a pattern to follow. Sorry you're late too. Funny how much we want AF to visit before TTC and then be wishing her banaished on the flip side. Stay happy x

Last edited:
I would probably avg them all out. Maybe to 32/33 days as a guess mark.im irregular and have to do this.

Do you know when you ovulated? That might help as it's unlikely to be more than two weeks before AF arrives (again it's guesswork!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back