Af...awol (updated again)

CJ_82

Reaction score
This is our first cycle TTC and on day 44. Nothing. No positive OPKs or signs of the witch yet. We were hoping to be DTD by now to TTC and nothing.

My cycles are irregular but not like this since they settled 6 months ago. Maybe she's not keen on my hospitality or something.

Have GP appointment next Wednesday so can discuss then, which is ok. And they didn't make me answer loads of questions (to the receptionists who then deem how worthy you are to see the GP). So that's something I guess.

Just frustrated (please be PMT lol) and I know people have been trying for ages and I'm not meaning to be a mard. I'm just hoping it's not the start of more random cycles where I can go months with nothing.

Last edited:
Sorry about your cycle.

I dont really have any advice on this one, just didn't want to read and run!

FX it is just a one off for you and your cycles are more regular again after!

That is frustrating. Mine are all over the place albeit nowhere near as long as that (yet). I hope they settle down soon so you can DTD with confidence :)

It occurred to me today that our January protection may have failed and given a couple of other symptoms, such as nausea this morning, I did a test. It's negative, as I expected, but it didn't even occur to me to consider that option until I felt ill.

Come on, AF. You're a miserable old bag, but I can't wait for you to get here haha

Last edited:
Day 50 and nothing.

The last few days I've had waves of excruciating stomach pains that don't feel like normal menstrual cramps or other types of abominable pains I've had before. It is a low set pain that peaks with sharp 'stabbing' now and then. It got so bad on Friday that DH was ready to call NHS direct but as they died down a bit eventually we didn't. I hate the idea of going to A&E as I never think I 'qualify' and at 11pm they may have said to do that and make the 38mile trip to the nearest one in bad weather conditions. Anyway...

They're not as bad but still occurring now and then now; not stopping me going to work etc, but I feel lousy. Seeing GP tomorrow (luckily had an appointment anyway).

Anyone else experienced this? Despite my cycles being weird, I've never had no spotting at least after this long (not since they regulated a bit anyway) and these pains before.

Last edited:
So the GP has arranged for a set of bloods next week and a range of tests. He also said he will ring on Friday once he's consulted with his colleague (he's a junior) about what meds to give me to help with the whole irregular stuff. Had some previously but think he mentioned Clomid or Clamid?

Still no AF but the pains have died off a bit.

And I didn't need to have any examinations today, so at least my dignity is ok!

Just so flipping down atm but hoping that's hormonal x

Bless you, must be horrible to be in limbo!

Hopefully the pain will go away and hopefully they can give you an answer as to what's caused this weirdness!

Fingers crossed AF is on her way very soon xx

Thanks PP.

I've just reached a new level of desperation / impatience and googled if there were any ways to try encourage AF to visit :lol:

Haha!

I've heard 'wear your best knickers and white jeans' works

My last cycle was 55 days and the one before that was 42. I'm under gynaecology now to try and figure out what's going on. I share your frustration x

Thanks Miss Juliet.

Day 56 now and no AF or spotting or anything. Stopped bothering with OPKs and going to start anew once this once gets here and over.

It is so annoying, isn't it? In trying not to get stressed as it won't help, but I'm a bit fed up as still having awful cramps but they're not usual period cramps and I'm exhausted. Possibly unrelated as I am feeling run down, but it's not helping my mood!

Hope you're sorted soon too xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back