AF arrived...but something seems different

amy_clueless

Reaction score
Just wanted some advice and opinions ladies. So been ttc for nearly 2 years but test showed I have Pcos....no period for 12 months after coming off the pill. I have ovarian drilling on 8th December and on 8th January (yay!) I started spotting.
Anyway getting to the point....in the past my periods have always been dark red or brown in colour but this one is bright red blood. I don't know if it's because it's my first period but I have been very emotional...i mean crying at the horses on the Lloyds bank advert!!!!! And my chin and mouth are surrounded by spots. I know this is all probably normal on a month to month basis but has anyone experienced a change in their AF and has it led to a BFP?

Honestly I have no clue about pcos or anything, maybe it's just your body getting back into the swing of things?

I'm currently going through test with the doctor to check for pcos. My periods have been all over the place for 18 months since coming off the implant (I had implants for 7 years), my longest cycle has been 138 days, shortest 36! My last two cycles have been the shortest I've had and my body has done exactly what you described, this month I ovulated between cycle day 24 and 26, so again this cycle is going to be one of my shorter ones. I'm hoping this is also a sign that my body is finally settling down, something that it has not really done since removing my implant. Let's hope this is a site p closer to a BFP for us both! (I'm testing tomorrow!!) 😄

Is it heavy? Could be that your body is sorting itself out. My periods have changed since I've been on metformin (for the better).

If it is just light spotting then there is a chance of pregnancy. X

Phonix girl I think it's too heavy to be implantation bleeding. I did think that it may be that on Friday night when I started friday night but then on saturday and today I have had to use tampons and pads so I am presuming it's af.
CLF88 oh that's good news, perhaps I have ovulated this cycle and that's why I feel so different? I have got to have a folicle tracking scan to see if I am ovulating so fingers crossed that's the drilling worked...

I hope so, fingers crossed for you 😃

Can't really offer any advice, my periods didn't change after my ovarian drilling - however bright red blood sounds far more "normal". Is it heavier? I wish you the very best of luck xx

Hi kitty, about the same I think in terms of flow. Praying that I will ovulate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back