Advise please. Going out my mind with worry.

DarkPhoenix

Reaction score
Hi Ladies. I'm Lucy. I'm new to this site and I'm 7 weeks 3 days pregnant.

For about 3 days I've had on/off spotting. Was brown now pink. I've spoken to my doctor who has reassured me to a degree that it's not a miscarriage as I don't have heavy bleeding and not alot of pain. I do have an early pregnancy scan on Monday 22nd August. I'm not going to stop worrying until then tho. Has anybody experienced something like this and still been ok?

Thank you.

I had a bleed in my first pregnancy which immediately followed a meltdown and I have an incredibly healthy 2 year old from that :)

I can understand your worries completely, and come Monday you will see a little heartbeat and feel reassured

Most of the time spotting is caused by all the changes and stretching in your uterus etc x

I had a bleed in my first pregnancy which immediately followed a meltdown and I have an incredibly healthy 2 year old from that :)

I can understand your worries completely, and come Monday you will see a little heartbeat and feel reassured

Most of the time spotting is caused by all the changes and stretching in your uterus etc x

Thank you. It's my first pregnancy which I'm sure makes it more worry some as I have nothing to compare it to (to a degree although each pregnancy is different).

To be honest .... The worry never goes away ... You get pregnant and worry about everything for 9 months ... Then labour is a waiting game so you worry why it hasn't started or how it's going to go lol ... And then you have your baby and the worry continues. It is all completely worth it though. And you will also worry throughout following pregnancies x

Hi Lucy, I have spotted pretty much throughout my pregnancy. I've had low lying placenta since day one. I know it's frightening but try not to freak out too much. You will know straight away when you should worry bleeding that reaches your feet for a start. I've been in hospital a couple of times & even with a couple of bleeds baby girl is doing great. Thinking of you xxx

I won't tell you not to worry as in a massive worrier myself! But I've had three big bleeds during my pregnancy so far (last one being yesterday!) bright red and scary but all is absolutely fine. Try not to over think things and keep positive! xxxxx

Thanks ladies. Well so far today I've had no spotting. I'm hoping I don't have anymore. I just want Monday to hurry up so I can know if everything is ok.

Do you know your blood type? I have rhesus negative blood type & because of it I need anti d injections because of bleeds & constant spotting. You might want to raise this with your midwife. Best of luck for Monday xxx

Thank you. Yes I'm a rhesus positive. Thank you, I will let you know how I get on.

I've had tiny bleeds with all my pregnancies and they've all been fine. It's really really common. Good luck for tomorrow x

Not long till your scan tomorrow I'm sure all will be fine. Keep us posted & hope you have your feet up. Such a scary but wonderful rollercoaster this pregnancy malarchy is xxx

Hi all sorry for late response. All went well. I found out I'm futher along then originally thought. When I had my scan I was 8+4. Saw babies heartbeat :) Now my worry is my symptoms have been dying off (read can be normal, I'm now 10+5) No more morning sickness etc. I did do a pregnancy test which had very faint positive line but I've heard this could be something called the hook effect. Just got 1.5 weeks to wait until my next scan :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back