Advice - TTC with 2nd baby.... possible issues?

Boohoo7

Reaction score
Hi Ladies....

I'm a mummy to a beautiful 3 year old and we have decided to start trying for our second now, we have been trying for 5 months with no luck as yet until this month were I had a faint positive pregnancy test but unfortunately started my period not long after - I also had couple odd issues since we have been trying including late periods ( unusual) and also mid cycle spotting which has happened once -
I wondered if anyone else had anything like this ? or what can we do to help our chances to conceive ? it was so easy the first time round that I'm worrying -
At what point do we get help?
be lovely to talk and hear from you all
thank you
xx
:dance:

You sound a lot like me, I have a three year old and we are trying for a second, i fell pregnanct the second month of trying with my daughter but here i am still trying 8 months later for number two. During that time my periods have become more irregular, painful and very heavy and i get spotting for days before my period is due...now having blood tests and DH is having a sperm analysis, as we are now 37 and 43 we don't want to mess around. In the meantime i eat well, take a pre-conception vitamin (him and me) and i've started taking agnus castus to see if that helps as i have PCOS.

You sound like you might have had a chemical pregnancy if you had a faint positive before your period so sorry to hear that, but on a positive note your body is geared up to conceive so just try and stay relaxed and fingers crossed it will happen for you soon xxx

Don't even start worrying yet (I know it's easier said than done!). It takes a healthy couple 1 year on average to get pregnant and you were very lucky you didn't have to wait before. We spend our lives being told how easy it is to get pregnant but the reality is v different. From what I've seen (and experienced!) your brain has a huge impact on your cycles, and women often get irregular periods/strange ovulation times and symptoms unexpectedly when they start ttc. It's weird but your cycles will get back to normal soon. You still have a good chance if conceiving in the next few months. You know your body can do it because it already has, so sit back, DTD a lot and let it do it's thing :)

Good luck for your speedy bfp! x

Oh and it depends on where you live but you can go to your doctor and get some basic tests after a year trying or 6 months if you're over 35. You usually have to be trying for 3 years to get any serious intervention like IVF, but I'm sure you won't even need to think about tests or anything like that before you get your sticky bfp x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back