Advice re breast feeding?!

Lucyiwan12

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm after some advice really...
I brought a box of 6 bottles and steriliser also a bottle bush.
But I have decided I'd like to try and breast feed?!
Will I need these?! Also will I need a breast pump?!

Sorry I'm new to this and a first time mum to be!

You won't need a steriliser. Bm doesn't produce the same dangerous bacteria that formula does.
You'll need bottles and a pump if you plan to express at any point.
To bf all you need is your boobs and lots of patience! x

Thank you for your reply il keep hold of the steriliser just incase can always sell it later on as picked it up at a good price:)

Thank you

Breast pads!

Like cosmic says, the main thing you need is patience - it took us two weeks to get breast feeding established (LO was fed expressed breast milk until that point) because he just would not latch - it was hell, but then all of a sudden he just got it, and after that it was brilliant. It's definitely worth persevering even if it's hard to start off with :)

It's probably worth putting it in your birth plan (or just telling the midwife when you get there if you don't get round to writing a birth plan :lol: ) and making sure the people around you know that it's what you want to do (I told my OH and my Mum), so that they can support you once LO is here - you'll need somebody to bring drinks and snacks to the sofa for you! :)

I bought a steriliser because I didn't know beforehand that I didn't need it so I do sterilise so it wasn't a waste of money lol. It only takes a few extra minutes twice a day so it's no real effort. I also loaned a double electric pump which has been a life saver because my son had problems latching, I got it from my HV who is also my breast feeding consultant x

Tapatalking so can't see sigs or click thanks!

I wouldn't buy a breast pump until LO is here and you know what your expressing needs are.

other than that, as cos says - Boobs and patience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back