Advice plz

lyndsey_28

Reaction score
im sick of giving my LO jars of food etc and would like to give him more of my own food, trouble is i cant remember what i uesd to give my others :wall2: in need of some receipes and storage advice please (lactose intolerent so need to watch what i give) !! also i have a chicken casserole in slow cooker at the moment do you think that would be ok to give if blended i know he can have all the veg thats in it and chicken but not sure if he can have onions or if the casserole mix is ok to give

thanks in advance. feel like a first time mom all over again or just blonde xx

How old is little one if over 6 months go for it x

Sent from my GT-I5500 using Tapatalk 2

How old is your lo? I looked up recipes online - annabel karmel was a good website for inspiration.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I have an annabel karmel recipe book which looks good.

I believe storage wise ice cube trays are meant to be good and give the right amount of food :) otherwise I would say make up a batch put in freezer bags individually and store in the freezer.

Not sure about the casserole though Hun sorry x x x xx

Personally I wouldn't give meat until 6 months. I would just stick with pureed fruit and veg for now, much easier for you to prepare too x

thanx for replies but i went for it anyway and it went down rather well i did add some milk to make it thinner but all was good :) x

I would have said if you had used a packet casserole mix then it would be a little too salty for a baby...but thats my personal opinion.

I used to steam aa load of veg and add some cheese sauce made with formula and a teensy bit of cheese...

The annabel karmel app is good as it has some handy recipes that are quick to do x

I would have said if you had used a packet casserole mix then it would be a little too salty for a baby...but thats my personal opinion.

I used to steam aa load of veg and add some cheese sauce made with formula and a teensy bit of cheese...

The annabel karmel app is good as it has some handy recipes that are quick to do x

thanx

i did think it might be a bit rich but wasnt sure but went for it and he enjoyed it but i dont do casserole all the time so a one off shouldnt hurt!

as for the cheese sauce i so wish i could along with a lot of other things but unfortunately the sauce mix contains milk and LO is lactose intolerent so must be avoided grr xx

OMG Im so sorry ...im so stupid..I even read that!! So sorry!!

re the casserole, yeah a one off wont hurt at all :)

Cant believe i just did that re the cheese sauce lol

x

My LO is lactose intolerant - the lactofree cheese is amazing. It tastes like edam so is very mild tasting. She wouldn't eat anything until 6mths so can't really advise on early recipes. But she went straight on to finger food. She loves broccoli and oven roasted veg. That just needs a few sprinkles of herbs. She also really likes couscous and pasta.

The hospital gave us a recipe book from the makers of neocate. Maybe their website has some recipes?

OMG Im so sorry ...im so stupid..I even read that!! So sorry!!

re the casserole, yeah a one off wont hurt at all :)

Cant believe i just did that re the cheese sauce lol

x

its ok not to worry i too sometimes forget and pick things up for him to try without reading whether or not it contains milk etc and then get home and realise what i have done, kinda have a cupboard full of things he cant even it :wall2: xx

My LO is lactose intolerant - the lactofree cheese is amazing. It tastes like edam so is very mild tasting. She wouldn't eat anything until 6mths so can't really advise on early recipes. But she went straight on to finger food. She loves broccoli and oven roasted veg. That just needs a few sprinkles of herbs. She also really likes couscous and pasta.

The hospital gave us a recipe book from the makers of neocate. Maybe their website has some recipes?

thanks, but thats were this lactose stuff becomes confusing as there is very conflicting advice! i downloaded a weaning guide for lactose intolernt weaning and it says avoid all mik related products, but the one i have from the hospital says he can eat cheese as during maturing process lactose is lost :wall2:

i will have a look on their website to see if i can find out anything, but i have referal in the post for a dietician now and review with my doctor on monday as they hope its not going to be permanent thing as no one else in my family has an allergies to food and my other two children are fine :) xx

thanks, but thats were this lactose stuff becomes confusing as there is very conflicting advice! i downloaded a weaning guide for lactose intolernt weaning and it says avoid all mik related products, but the one i have from the hospital says he can eat cheese as during maturing process lactose is lost :wall2:

i will have a look on their website to see if i can find out anything, but i have referal in the post for a dietician now and review with my doctor on monday as they hope its not going to be permanent thing as no one else in my family has an allergies to food and my other two children are fine :) xx[/QUOTE]

We have found our LO can't have regular dairy (she screams in agony with grotty stomach and awful constipation followed by green diarrhoea) but can tolerate yucky square burger cheese up to twice a week but she can get bloated and constipated. We were told by hospital to avoid all dairy products but that she can have foods made with dairy (eg yorkshire pud) as she is ok with that. They also advised trying her on a little bit of dairy cheese or cream every 6 months, just to test if the intolerance has eased up. Our next test will be January. Ónce they are eating regular solid food it becomes so much easier to accommodate the intolerance :)

I give my lo soya cheese with his stuff and he loves it! I boil up some pasta, add steamed chicken breast (blended) and add the cheese and he loves it!

Also beans on toast (sparingly with the beans cos of sugar)

Spag Bol just with a salt-free simple tomato sauce.

Steamed veggies with chicken.

Baked potato with some fish mashed in...

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back