Advice please

ellie86

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I really need some advice, I have posted about 3 weeks ago when I was going through a very traumatic time with my ectopic pregnancy.
I had surgery on the 6th of August I had my right tube removed along with the pregnancy.
They didn't really give me much after support and I'm currently in limbo.
i started to heal really quickly and myself and hubby decided to resume normal relations once I felt better.
Well that was like 8days after surgery. The hospital gave me a pregnancy test to take 2weeks after surgery, which I took ten days after surgery and it was negative.
Which I thought was about right due to having the pregnancy removed so I assumed the levels would drop quite quickly.
Well anyways I'm like 3weeks past surgery and I started to feel really naive the last few days.
I decided to do a test and its a faint positive.
So I really need some help. Is this a new pregnancy or do you think this is still from my ectopic even tho I had a negative test 10days after surgery.

If you tested negative before you tested positive it is most likely a new pregnancy. Was it the same brand of test? The other possibility is that the test you used second is more sensitive than the one they gave you. Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks for your reply, I didn't mean to write naive I ment nauseous.
They are two different brand tests.
The test I took that the hospital gave to me I'm unsure about, it's a pretty basic midstream test, but it was a straight negative.
The test I have taken today was a cheapie from the corner shop, it looked negative at first but when I looked at around the 3min time it had a faint line.
I'm puzzled because I never had a bleed after surgery so I'm unsure if this left over from the ectopic.
The hospital didn't offer much info for aftercare, they just provided me with a test and sent me on my way.

What a horrible situation for you.. If you don't mind me asking, how far along was the pregnancy that was removed? If it was an early loss i'd be quite surprised if you had detectable levels of hcg after 3 weeks.. It sounds as though this could be the start of your next bfp but it's one of those horrid 'time will tell' situations.. Perhaps you could ask your GP for a blood test to make more sense of what's going on? Sorry you didn't recieve the support or care you should have - that's so disappointing to hear :( Wishing you all the best xx

Hi Kate,
I was somewhere between 4&6 weeks I believe with the ectopic pregnancy, the doctors thought I was 7+ but they didn't have a clue and neither did I because I still had my period but I think I was around 5weeks they were using my Hcg levels to try date me and my Hcg level was over 3000 when I had surgery.
I honestly didn't think I could get pregnant until my cycle went back to normal, and even though I wanted to heal this would be a blessing in disguise as this is my second ectopic and I only have one tube now.

I cant really offer much help but wishing you good luck. I hope this is the one for you

Thank ladies to save stressing out I think I'm just gonna wait a few more days and re test again.
My heart would break with another ectopic but I don't wanna be stressing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back