Advice please

rach4910

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm pregnant with my second child. Drs say I'm 7.5 weeks but I think I'm more like 6 weeks due to long cycles. With my first pregnancy I didn't have any symptoms and had an easy time.
This time around I'm not feeling so well. I've had the nausea and sore boobs for a while. Recently, over the last week I have had a very sore tummy, sore to press, and feel extremely uncomfortable. Almost like I've got trapped wind but all over my tummy and feel just blurgh! I've had some pains and some cramping too.
I'm concerned that I'm ignoring it and putting it down to normal symptoms and that really there is something wrong. Should I seek advice?
I haven't got a midwife yet as not had my first appointment.

When does feeling crappy mean that there is something else going on!

The sore tummy would make me wonder about maybe a UTI because that can make you feel quite poorly and they're common in pregnancy. Maybe ask Dr for a quick urine test (they can usually give you results there and then). I had a couple with my son and had pain and discomfort rather than just the usual burning pee! X

Thanks for your reply Cornishfairy.
I'm not sure it's a UTI as no burning or pain when I go to the loo. It just feels like I'm full all the time and uncomfortable but more than just bloating! Can't really describe it!
Maybe it's just constipation!!!!! Hahah!

I had a pretty uneventful first pregnancy but this time I have a lot of the symptoms you describe... I definitely didnt feel this unwell first time and my tummy has been so tender that I ended up on maternity jeans at around 8 weeks as I couldn't bear anything across my abdomen....I have also been ridiculously bloated! I look about 20weeks pregnant in the evening. I just think all pregnancies are different! It's not quite so bad now at 12 weeks, so hope you feel better soon!

Last edited:
I was the same early on in this pregnancy. Felt very unwelll, pain, nausea, tired and lethargic. I had pains in my lower left, felt like a stone was in my ovary. I went for an early scan and they put it down to stretching. I still get it occasionally now.

I spoke with GP and he gave me EPU number to ring myself and book in x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back