Advice please!

Discussion in 'Am I Pregnant?' started by BKR123, Apr 28, 2016.

1. BKR123

BKR123 Well-Known Member

Hi! I haven't posted on here for nearly 3 years now since my LG was born. Me and OH have decided now is a good time to try for another baby.

Yesterday I did a pregnancy test at home and it was positive. My last period ended on the 16th April, and I know that wasn't that long ago. I tested before my period and it was negative.. The last few days I have been getting a low achy feel and slight cramps and have been spotting.

I went to the local walkin centre on Tuesday as the spotting was concerning me, they did a test and that was positive too.. faint but 100% there.

I was kept in and given a scan and a blood test. Nothing showed on the scan in either my womb or tubes.. and the blood test came back as positive with levels of 50..

Now, when I say spotting it has been really light. Brownish and a tiny bit pink in one day. No clots or anything like that. The doctor said she thinks that I have had a miscarridge, however I'm not sure. The pains aren;t awful, and I remember having pain similar when I was pregnant with my daughter..

Going by dates, I would be like 2-3 weeks pregnant which would mean the levels are normal. I have another blood test tomorrow I just wanted to get some advice as I don't know who else to ask!!

xx

2. scn

scn Well-Known Member

It's just something you're going to have to ride out and see what the next bloods show. It could just be implantation spotting. Good luck, I hope it turns out well for you x

3. PeanutButter

PeanutButter Well-Known Member

Nothing would show on the scan yet, you have to be about 6 weeks to see anything.. it sounds like IB. Cramps are normal, everything is changing.
    As long as hcg is going up i wouldn't worry x

4. BKR123

BKR123 Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies.. Just gonna have to wait and see what the bloods say tomorrow. I'm really hoping it's just implantation bleeding.. I'll try and attach the test photo as it isn't mega dark!! Thankyou xx

5. Sharcaz

Sharcaz Well-Known Member

I'm no pro or anything, but you could just be really early, especially with your last period ending 16th april...and like PeanutButter said, nothing would show on a scan that early...lots of possibilities to explain your symptoms :) hang in there and good luck! Oh ! I had my booking app today and I'd had spotting around 7 weeks - midwife said that spotting in the first trimester is very common so hope that helps put your mind at ease a bit :) xx