Advice please!

Hope1992

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Haven't posted much on here over the last few months. Im 33+4 today, and I've had recurrent thrush throughout my pregnancy. The first time I had it was beginning of December and went to hospital with some spotting, which swabs revealed was due to thrush. Had 2 canesten treatments since that. A couple of weeks back I got thrush again, and Dr left me a script. When I collected it from the pharmacy I realised it was an internal cream with applicator so didn't use as have seen we're not supposed to use applicators in pregnancy.
Went to asda yesterday and bought exactly the same pessary Ive had previous times so I didn't have to wait and see Dr. Used it overnight last night. Thought most of the pessary had came away this morning. But tonight when I've gone to the toilet there was quite a bit of dark yellowish/light brown discharge (tmi sorry!!:eh: ) .. and have had some spotting since. Can't decide now whether it's just more pessary coming away and irritation causing the spotting or whether to go get checked out :wall2:
Already been to hospital twice with what turned out to be thrush since December and don't want to waste there time and be sat there all night for it to just be the thrush again. Also wondering what a plug would look like as I was worried incase it was part of that?
Hope everyone else's pregnancies are going well xxx

Any worry or concern get yourself to the hospital and let them check. Your not wasting anyone's time. I see women say this to often when really it's a good thing. It's the midwives job to make sure your ok. The plug looks like a snotty jelly, it can also be clear/pink/Brown or blood tinged. Any excsessive bleeding needs to be checked though. Phone your midwife or maternity ward please hun

I can't offer much advice but when I had thrush the doctor refused to prescribe a pessary and prescribed the cream but the cream he prescribed was 2% and twice the strength bought over the counter and I was amazed that it worked.
Hope you get sorted xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back