advice please

Lucyiwan12

Reaction score
Hi all
Im after some advice.. my lol is 4 months 1 week old. He has recently been showing signs of interest on food the last 10 days well yesterday and today he has grabbed food from my hand and put it to his mouth i have taken it off him as its not food he should be having... so i called my health visitor who said that he is just getting ready for weaning and to hold off until the end of november to start weaning.......
1. Am i wrong to be taking food of him when putting it to hos mouth??
2..they used to wean at 4 months so what is the difference....
3. Im a first time mum so not sure what to do

thank you for taking your time to ready my post

I tried my son on the 4 month old jars of food but he wasn't ready yet. If yours does seem interested maybe try the jars first to see?

I tried my son on the 4 month old jars of food but he wasn't ready yet. If yours does seem interested maybe try the jars first to see?

Thank you for your reply i might get a jar 2moro and try him

Read up on the signs of readiness for weaning - grabbing food and eating it is a BIG one.

My DD1 did this at just over 4months. If he can feed himself then he's ready. Have you looked at BLW?? Although signs of readiness usually appear at 6months some babies are ready early - just same as some walk and talk a lot earlier than others

I didn't feel comfy denying my dd food when she was clearly capable of getting it herself. We went down the BLW route partly because I figured if there was any risk of her wee tummy not being quite ready she'd be eating a lot less if she had to feed her self compared to me shovelling purée in.

Actually her nappies changed for day one, so she was obviously chewing and swallowing food very very quickly.

Read up on the signs of readiness for weaning - grabbing food and eating it is a BIG one.

My DD1 did this at just over 4months. If he can feed himself then he's ready. Have you looked at BLW?? Although signs of readiness usually appear at 6months some babies are ready early - just same as some walk and talk a lot earlier than others

I didn't feel comfy denying my dd food when she was clearly capable of getting it herself. We went down the BLW route partly because I figured if there was any risk of her wee tummy not being quite ready she'd be eating a lot less if she had to feed her self compared to me shovelling purée in.

Actually her nappies changed for day one, so she was obviously chewing and swallowing food very very quickly.

Hi thank you for your reply. Im sure he ready he grabbed a carrot off my plate at lunch today and was putting it up to his mouth and in hiw mouth i orderd a book on baby led weaning last night so i can have a proper read up on it. I tried him with some baby rice at lunch and he stuck his hand in and put it up to his mouth i did laugh bless him ...
in my opion he ready.. it just confused me when my hv was like dont start weaning untik he 6 month or at the earliest end of nov .

Are you breastfeeding? If you are exclusively breast feeding, there is a good reason why wait until 6 months, to maintain the virgin gut.

If you're formula feeding, that point is moot, but I still wouldn't be too quick to wean if you don't have to. There are other signs of readiness: can your LO sit unaided?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back