Advice please! :)

Discussion in 'Am I Pregnant?' started by Jojo89, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Jojo89

Jojo89 Member

Hi, I'm new to this forum so I am not great with the codes used to shorten the words but anyways, I just wonder if anyone can help me! I think I might be pregnant but not sure :-S
    I got married nearly 4 weeks ago now and we have had unprotected sex since then because we would like to have a baby. We had sex when my iphone app said I was ovulating but I am not always regular so I didn't know wether this was accurate anyways. I felt really weird for two weeks like something was different, I was feeling sick, really tired, little funny sensations near belly button, sore back, went light headed quite a bit and hungry all the bloody time! So I took a pregnancy test which came back negative :( but not sure if it was too soon! But then the day after taking it I came on my period so I thought there was no way I could be pregnant but I have heard you still could be even if you have your period. The period was different to my normal one, very heavy and I had to leave work early as it was that bad (I have had this before tho!) but normally they can last 7 days and this only lasted 3 but then there was a bit of spotting a few days after.
    So I was just wondering really if I possibly could be and when would be the best to actually test again? It's annoying seeing a negative but I can't help myself from wanting to try!!
    Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you :) x

2. scn

scn Well-Known Member

Have you recently came off birth control?

3. Jojo89

Jojo89 Member

No I haven't been on the pill in about 6 years.

4. scn

scn Well-Known Member

If you had a really heavy period, I would doubt very much if you were pregnant to be honest x

5. Jojo89

Jojo89 Member

Ok.
    Would you recommend any pregnancy tests that aren't too expensive, I bought the really cheap dip tests and have heard bad reviews about them.

6. FBTTN8079

FBTTN8079 Well-Known Member

Hiya if you had a normal period and a negative test I would say its not very likely

A lot of the time a lot of symptoms that may look like pregnancy symptoms are exactly the same as af symptoms x

BabyDust *****

7. Jojo89

Jojo89 Member

Thank you all, will keep at it!! Haha :) x