Advice please - stomach problems

Nymeria

Reaction score
hi,

I’m about 11 weeks into my first pregnancy and have had really bad digestive issues since about week 4.

This has included heartburn, indigestion, constipation, bloating etc.

I’ve been to the docs and the midwife and have been given something to help me go to the toilet regular (sorry if it’s too much info!) and something for reflux but the bloating and gas is just so bad!

The only way I can manage it is to hardly eat at all which isn’t good as I already have a really low BMI.

My midwife and doctor aren’t concerned at all but I really am. I can only eat snacks, not even small light meals. I’ve cut out most foods but everything I eat makes me so uncomfortable and gives me really bad cramps. It’s making me so miserable, luckily I’m not working right now but I am looking for a new job and am worried I won’t be able to work it’s so bad.

Has anyone else had this? Is there anything I can ask me doctor to prescribe me? I just feel like no one is taking me seriously and I am constantly starving every day. I just want to enjoy my pregnancy.

Thanks in advance

Bloating and gas is normal during pregnancy. I still feel very bloated on some days I look 5 months pregnant while I'm only 13w+5d.
Try to avoid carbs if you don't want to be too bloated but realise that your baby needs nutrition and you're not only starving yourself.x

Thanks,

I understand it’s normal, however I’m just concerned as it’s so bad it’s stopping me from eating. I’m left feeling full to the point of bursting after tiny amounts of food and really bad cramping (which I think is gas) to the point I’m in tears and up all night. It’s impossible for me to eat the amount I need to.

I’ve cut out potatoes, rice, pasta, beans, pulses, onions, broccoli, most veg, bread, fruit juice, and lots more.

All I can eat is cucumber, crackers and dairylea, eggs and some soups. And even then I can’t eat anywhere near enough. I’ve lost a good few pounds since being weighed by the midwife and was already on the borderline for my BMI. She keeps telling me the same that it’s Normal but I’m struggling to believe it’s normal to be in so much discomfort every day and losing weight I’m worried as I’m already feeling very low on energy.

I'm 6 weeks today and I'm suffering bad bloating and all the rest too. I guess it's just part of the journey. I think gaviscon is your new favourite handbag item!

I've read if you eat little and often it can help improve digestion. Also peppermint tea can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back