Advice please - Lap and dye or IUI?

JAC2201

Reaction score
My partner and I have been TTC for 16 months now. All test were coming back as normal so I was referred for a HSG which was undertaken mid April. The results came back as left tube normal and right tube appeared normal but examination haltered prior to spill.

The hospital are now offering me for either IUI or a laproscopy. I have asked for another HSG because the last one was inconclusive as the radiologist did not complete the test - very annoying!

They seem reluctant to do this for me and I feel a little frustrated by the fact that I am now left up in the air not knowing if I have 2 working tubes or one. I understand that IUI is the next step if you have 2 healthy tubes but where we are unsure if seems a bit pointless to put myself through it if there is a problem.

Has anyone had a second HSG?

How major/minor is a laproscopy?

Any advice on which way I should go? I feel that the hospital should be telling me rather than me having to decide.

Its so difficult to get in with the Consultant. This is a horrible thing to go through but I feel like the hospital treat you as just another patient without sometimes considering the effects all of this treatment and stress has on someone.

Thank you.

Did they say why they didn't complete the hsg? Seems odd. It depends on the reasons they didn't complete it, if they tried pushing more dye though and it was blocked I would opt for the lap & dye, if they didn't try more I would ask for the hsg to be repeated. Like you I don't really see the point in IUI if one tube is blocked? Seems odd they would try it, or would they only do it is you ovulated from the side they know is ok? I've not gone down that route so I'm unsure on procedure.

Hope you can get it sorted.

It was just halted to early I believe. I didn't ask them to stop as I wasn't in any major pain. Just a bad radiographer I think.

I've asked for a repeat but they are reluctant and so far they have only offered lap and dye or IUI. It seems a waste of time and stress on my part to have a lap and dye if the tube is open and they just messed the procedure up.

On the other hand it also seems silly to proceed with IUI if there is an issue with one of my tubes.

All I want is another HSG to get a conclusive answer but they don't seem very forthcoming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back