Advice please girls

Violet

Reaction score
Ok a bit of history first.

I started TTC back in 2009. After a year of TTC with no luck I went to the fertility clinic. After a lot of tests we were declared unexplained infertility. They put me on 6 months of clomid eventually. It didn't appear to work so when I saw them a couple of months after finishing clomid they said next step is IVF. I had to lose some more weight tho. As it turns out I was pg with Drake, so I didn't need to see them again - exactly 2 years of TTC and I do feel that clomid helped me get pg.

Drake is now 1 year old and I'm about to turn 41. :shock: We haven't used any contraception since his birth, altho I did breast feed for 6 months. Since I stopped breast feeding we have been actively TTC. we've been back to the fertility clinic and I was really hoping for more clomid, but she won't give me any because of my age. I know NHS funded IVF isn't happening, but had pinned my hopes on getting clomid, as we can't afford IVF privately currently.

We used to use all sorts of tricks to help us get pg last time, but the only thing I can remember is OPKs and preseed, which I'm using. Can anyone else recommend anything else to help?

I am absolutely gutted that she wouldn't give us clomid, I've had a lump in my throat all day and felt sick to my stomach about it all as she also said at 41 I'm unlikely to get pg naturally.

Did I post in the wrong section? If so, can u point me in the right direction?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back