Advice on what to Draw & Paint

Geordie&Bairn

Reaction score
One of my greatest love is painting and drawing i feel calm and tranquil happy when im painting
ive not painted is such a long time and i miss it if i get the time i want to start up with my Art agian

Ive got some varying sized canvases and want to begin soon
Im hoping to paint some pictures for friends (with out telling them for xmas :shhh: )

so what would you like if someone said they would paint you a picture???

for example a portrait of you your family a painting of your favorite sceanery, place fave object ie food, flowers ect ect

what type bold or romantic bright and coloured or muted understated detailed or simple Happy fun or meaninful?

Thanks for you help

Sarah

I love sunsets so a painting of a sunset would be right up my ally!

:hug:
I think it depends on the person.

I loveeeeeeeee sunsets too, and sea scenes.

But i like flowers lots too.

I like BRIGHT hehe.

got to be landscapes for me...

great you have something like that to calm you and relax you :) :hug: :hug: :hug:

backs - ladies backs, mens backs - ive always painted a naked back with their head tilted to one side so you get a side profile and sometimes cloth draped across them. Its nude painting but not in your face and can look as sexy or as natural as you want it to. but again, i tend to just draw and not slather it in paint.

If not, i go crazy with overlapping shapes & lines over a canvas and then painting them different tones of the same colour. I tend to do this if im giving it as a gift. If i know they have a blue bathroom, i will do it blue!! does that even make sense? I will see if i can find any pics of any examples later....

but saying that, none of my stuff is on the walls in our new place. they are all still in my parents loft. Ive not painted for ages, i plan to do a few months when i start my matt leave. get alice involved :D

slightly off topic, but on the subject of paintings - i have this one on the wall next to me at work :

cooper.jpg

its called private view and we have had many a discussion about what the underlying meaning is!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back