Advice on temping and vitamins

Jenks125

Reaction score
Hi All
I've returned to the forum after a year and half looking for a different route to take.

I'm 31 and my husband is 36. We've been ttc for 22 months now. All tests indicate nothing is wrong. I've been a firm believer in opks but thinking of trying something new now and wondered about temping and taking B6 vits. Do any of you lovelies have any advice on these please that you'd be happy to share with me?

Hi Jenks, welcome back to the forum. I did temping when I caught with my son, you can pinpoint ovulation but only on the day so it gives you an idea of ov each cycle. I can't chart now as I suffer with chronic insomnia so I'm using opks. Regarding the vitamins any pre-conceive vitamins are good or pregnancy vitamins, Seven seas are what I'm taking at the moment. Best of luck on your ttc journey. x

Last edited:
Hi lillith
Thanks for your response :)
Poor you with having insomnia, hope it's something that subsides very soon!
How do I go about temping? Is it first thing in the morning? Should I use opks as well do you think?
I have got some trial pregnacare conception so may start taking that again then. I forgot to add that I was questioning B6 because I have short cycles (24-26) but I tend to get a positive opk around cd12 which means my lp is quite short.

Yes you take your temp the second you wake up, don't move around, just keep still until temp is done, moving around can increase your temp. Try and temp the same time every morning and print a chart out from the net. You can record cm on there too. I used to get a slight drop then next day a marked rise in temp at ovulation. I would definitely use them with opks. Have you tried the SMEP plan thats on here ?, I'm trying it this month, fingers crossed x

Fab thank you for your help! I'm definitely trying that this month. It certainly can't hurt can it :)

I tried smep after my first chemical but unfortunately it didn't work but I'm thinking of trying that again this month. I've heard great success stories! To be honest I think we're dtd too much and as they say less is more so definitely trying the lesser approach. Just hoping maybe one little chance will be all it takes.

How long have you been trying for lillith? X

Hey. I replied to your other thread. I record my results on Fertility Friend - it's a free app that you can put in all your temps, cm, etc and should tell you when ovulation was x

Thanks phonixgirl I'll take a look at fertility friend xx

Hey Jenks, we've been trying nearly a year, it will be my 4th baby but my first with my partner, our last baby together. I caught quickly with my last 3 but this time its proving a bit tricky, mind you my age doesn't help, I'm. 43 lol x

Last edited:
Ahhh you want to compete the family now, that's so lovely. Hey 43 is the new 23! ;-) me and DH are trying for our first, I'm 31 and he's 36. Fingers crossed we get there soon xx

Ahh thankyou Jenks, yes absolutely, I've found my soulmate, to have our last baby together will complete us as a family, I just really hope it happens. Hey yes 43 is definitely the new 23 lol. I don't feel or act my age, it's just a number. I hope you get your BFP, lets hope 2016 is a good year for all of us x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back