Advice on surviving the wait

Mummy_13

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Me and hubby have decided to start trying for baby #3 from Septemeber. Why September? because if we were to get lucky and be successful right away then we would be due roughly in between DDs and DSs birthdays and because we've decided we want our youngest to be at least 2 by the time a potential 3rd baby arrives.

Anyway I have quite an obsessive personality and now that we have actually discussed TTC again, it's all I can think about!

How on earth am I going to survive until September?!

Anyone got any tips on how to enjoy the wait??

I'm a bit like this, we're trying for our 2nd around August time. We also want our LO to be over 2 she's 18 month at the minute. It's made me feel better having a date as OH was a bit reluctant at first. Right now I'm just enjoying the little things which will change when / if we're lucky enough to have another. Sleeping in, having fun nights together as a couple (we're assuming we won't get this as much with two LOs) getting a lot of work in, too, and also getting our house together as it was all a rush with our first. But baby number 2 is all I think about, and is why I've made an account so I can obsess privately :roll: I feel the year is flying in already though. As if it's April :shock:

Totally feel the pain.
I want to stop my pill now but oh says not yet. I've told him after our holiday in July I want to stop it and he's ok with that.
Don't think I'd want to be pregnant in the heat either and want to be able to enjoy myself.

I tried to keep myself busy and while obsessing over a baby loads.... also focusing on other things, such as holidays, days out, nights out... whatever to help the time pass a little quicker.

Yep i'm focusing on the smaller things; since the start of the year we have one bigger 'event' each month up until August so am looking forward to those instead. Things like concert/theatre tickets, night away etc. Inbetween that i'm focusing on house jobs we'd like to do but never got round to- new fence, paint downstairs etc. It's making the year speed by but also practical in terms of house stuff!

I waited 6 and a half years to try for another. We had lots of big things planned almost each year to keep me focused on and that time flew in, so a few months will be here in no time. I used my time especially to completely enjoy my son. I know its not everyone's cup of tea to have a big age gap (it was never mine either) but now I'm glad we've done it the way we have, our DS has had his mummy and daddy completely to himself for years and got the attention I never did growing up one of 4 kids! Your daughter is only one, enjoy every second of her being your baby and don't wish her little early years away :) xx
(I mean that in the nicest way possible, before you know it she'll be older like my boy) xx

I waited 2 years! I feel your pain! All I did differently to bring the date forward was whine loads and point out cute babies :lol: I'm pretty persistent and stubborn so I did have the face on for quite a while, he did eventually give up and tell me to stop taking birth control :lol:

In the meantime while waiting for the contraception to come out of my system, take on some side projects! Mine was decorating and zooming eBay for baby things! :lol:

When I joined we were WTT, looking at about July time perhaps. However, we got so excited about the possibility of a baby since we had decided on a date, we ended up TTC as of March. Just to clarify this, the time between me joining and us actually TTC was a whole massive 4 days hahah

Now we are waiting to get pregnant we pass time by getting the spare room in better shape for when the time comes for it to be a nursery and staring at all the beautiful baby things on ebay lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back