Advice on sex

Moofa

Reaction score
Hello

My DH was reading his father-to-be book and it said to use a condom as there is something in the sperm, a hormone, that can trigger early labour. Is this true?

Mx

ive never heard that but im not 100% sure hun

i no that when i was over due with my first the midwife told me this as a means to try and bring on labour
not sure how far on you will need to be to be carefull though sorry hun xx

ive never heard of that hun
could be just for later on
manda xx

yeh id think ud be safe at this stage

There is a hormone in sperm that can bring on labour oxtyin or something like that it stimulates the cervix i think?.. but only when due i think dont think you'll need to worry now or else we'd all have heard of it by now and m/wife would warn us.. nice fella tho reading father-to-be book :)

Yeah I'm sure it is supposed to help when you are in the last few weeks of pregnancy

I wouldn't worry, it doesn't seem to help much when ladies are overdue and trying to bring on labour, so I doubt we have anything to worry about :D

Moofa - let's get this clear, you're going to ask the midwife for sex on Wednesday?! :twisted: :rotfl:

debecca said:
Sex? What's that? :rotfl:

I'm with u on that one :lol:

Sex is meant to bring on labour but I am not sure it would bring on early labour at the stage u are

Sperm contains prostaglandins. This helps the cervix to ripen and soften. I wouldn't worry, it only helps along a process that is already on it's way. Orgasms release oxytocin which stimulates the uterus to contract. Again, there isn't anything to worry about until later in thrid tri, your body just isn't ready to give up your little one just yet.

Hi Moofa,

How are you doing? When I was very overdue with my 1st the mw told me that sex may help to induce labour (it didn't!!!) but when I had my 2nd I found it brought on contractions - only in the last couple of weeks though.

I really don't think there is anything to worry about at this stage. I'm a bit nervous about it at the mo. because I had a little blood in the discharge after our last encounter but there again it is probably due to the fact that I keep getting thrush and am a bit sore!!! Never had any probs with the first two though.

Take care :hug:

DaisyRose said:
Hi Moofa,

How are you doing? When I was very overdue with my 1st the mw told me that sex may help to induce labour (it didn't!!!) but when I had my 2nd I found it brought on contractions - only in the last couple of weeks though.

I really don't think there is anything to worry about at this stage. I'm a bit nervous about it at the mo. because I had a little blood in the discharge after our last encounter but there again it is probably due to the fact that I keep getting thrush and am a bit sore!!! Never had any probs with the first two though.

Take care :hug:

Thanks.

If it helps I used to keep getting thrush and it stopped when I gave my DH a thrush tablet (Tescos own) it seems we were passing it between us but he didn't have symptoms, although he was good at putting the cream on his tackle it was only when we both took a tablet each that it cured the problem.

:hug: :hug:

Hi Moofa,

Thanks, I'll see if I can find him one in Tescos. I think I'm getting it yet again, despite 6 days of pessary treatment recently - nightmare!!!

I dont think it has any effect until baby is ready to come,

i havent had any problems so i wouldnt worry, your midwife will be able to reassure you but as far as i know providing your having a healthy pregnancy and there is no medical reason to avoid contact with sperm there is no need to use condoms.

Happybunny said:
Sperm contains prostaglandins. This helps the cervix to ripen and soften. I wouldn't worry, it only helps along a process that is already on it's way. Orgasms release oxytocin which stimulates the uterus to contract. Again, there isn't anything to worry about until later in thrid tri, your body just isn't ready to give up your little one just yet.

*sigh* this is supposedly true... but we tried last night, and I'm still bloody here :x :x :x :x Not even the slightest contraction... and technically everything's ready now .... so if it can't start labour off in someone whos all ready to go... Its unlikely to do anything on someone who isnt.

:roll:

The only time you need to be careful with sex and pregnancy is if there has been a history of bleeding, late miscarriage, or cervical abnormalities in pregnancy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back