Advice on reduced movement...

SLHRK

Reaction score
Looking for some advice please ladies!

I'm 32+2 and haven't really felt baba move since teatime last night. Even at that the movements I had during the day yesterday were very minimal. When should I try to contact someone? Since Friday I have had on and off period type pains at the bottom of my back, although very mild they are noticeable! Woke with horrible pain 2 nights ago at the very top of my tummy(just under my ribs type area) and my stomach was solid! It came about every 5 minutes and lasted about 30 seconds each time, took about half an hour of pacing to settle. Since then I have had some aches in the bottom of my tummy, again mild period type pains and my groin is very achey and sore!

Sorry for the bible long post! Just want as accurate advice as possible! :)

Last edited:
I'd ring up the maternity unit now to be honest. Just tell them exactly what you've put here. X

Definitely ring Mat unit hun best to get it checked out if only for peace of mind xx

Other half has just came home from work and has managed to get her to move a little, so I'm slightly more at ease! If the pains do carry on I think I will phone tho, just for some advice! Thankyou all for advice, just wanted to know what others would do in this situation!! Xx

I had this on Friday - usually 8:30pm onwards she is really active with strong kicks, like it at certain points during the night and also first thing. Thursday night I had a few little tickly flutters, nothing during the night and again, fluttering Friday morning. Really reduced and really not as strong. Said I'd give her til lunchtime Friday but confided in a manager at work who had me straight to the hospital. Thu were lovely - I was on a machine within half an hour. 30 mins of monitoring and you could clearly "see" movement from her heart rate increasing. Plus had 2 big kicks (little monkey). They told me to call them day or night if I was at all worried so I would call them Hun - it's what they are there for xx

Any change or reduction in babies movement should always be checked out.

It could be the first indication that your baby is unwell.

Call your mw for advice.

Kicks count have some really good information on monitoring movements.

XX

My midwife isn't available at the moment being a Sunday, so would need to be the labour ward, I feel like I'm wasting their time! I'm so bad for this though. I think I will call just for advice. Xx

Last edited:
Called the labour ward at the hospital and got no answer! So will just have to wait and call again in a bit xx

You need to ring ASAP it's not worth the risk x

You won't be wasting their time I can assure you. Do you have a maternity triage number? X

Not sure what that is MrsB? I have a number for the 24hour labour ward, which I have got no answer from twice now, and my midwife but they aren't around at the moment cause it's Sunday so it tells you to leave a message which isn't much use! Xx

She has been moving every 30 minutes or so since my other half got her to move just before 12, but because of the reduced movements yesterday I would still like their advice! I only had about 2 movements yesterday, and I think it's about 10 movements in 24 hours is what it's meant to be? Usually have 10 movements easily in 24 hours, just not yesterday! Xx

Just keep ringing they will answer eventually, we have a triage at our hospital it's like an assessment unit.
Please make sure you'd get checked out though please as baby could of just had a lazy day but it's also a sign of many problems X

I got through to them :)! They have said that because her movements have returned to normal they aren't too worried, but I need to closely monitor it for the next 24 hours and if I feel that they have reduced atal or even if she is moving but they aren't as strong I've to phone straight back. Got the period type pains back again and they are a little bit more sore this time! But I am putting this all down to stretching. Xx

Glad you got through, you should probably take it easy for the rest of the day too just so you are more aware of movements etc x

Yeah I plan to do very little so I can monitor it :)! Thankyou for the reassurance guys! X

Glad you managed to get through hun and that baby is moving ok now.

The 10 movement rule doesn't apply any more, it's whatever is normal for your baby. For example if your baby normally moves 30 times a day but then one day it only moved fifteen times, as per the 10 movement rule that's ok. However, really the babies movements have reduced by half which is very significant and should certainly be checked.

I don't know if I've made sense but basically there's no set figure for amount of movements anymore. You need to keep track of what is normal for your baby and get advice if there is any change or reduction in their pattern of movement.

XX

Glad you managed to get through hun and that baby is moving ok now.

The 10 movement rule doesn't apply any more, it's whatever is normal for your baby. For example if your baby normally moves 30 times a day but then one day it only moved fifteen times, as per the 10 movement rule that's ok. However, really the babies movements have reduced by half which is very significant and should certainly be checked.

I don't know if I've made sense but basically there's no set figure for amount of movements anymore. You need to keep track of what is normal for your baby and get advice if there is any change or reduction in their pattern of movement.

XX

Yeah Hun that makes perfect sense :) Thankyou for sharing that info! I don't so much count her movements, just know her usual times that she is active and she always has a wiggle or two throughout the day inbetween her usual times, but yesterday that just wasn't the case! Wondering if I actually have some sort of bug aswell cause I've had 3 loose bowel movements this afternoon (sorry tmi!) and I usually go every 2-3 days! Pains are coming and going but staying fairly mild :) Xx

How are you feeling now? Suitably rested I hope :) is baby moving ok now? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back