Advice on Doppler use?

Tanya4beauty

Reaction score
So I've decided to hire a Doppler. Call me crazy and I know there is every chance I won't hear anything yet but I thought I would give it a try. I've had so few pregnancy symptoms and the ones I did have seem so be disappearing I thought it may help put my mind at rest. It could also make me worse if I don't find anything but hey gotta give it a try.
Anyway anyone got any advice on the best ways to find the heartbeat? Xx

It can be a bit tricky before 16 weeks. I found my LO's really low down, just above the pubic bone and to the right everso slightly. I initially had to push in to find it, but it left a sore spot, so I wouldnt advise doing that. A full bladder and stomach can help, it did with me and lying really flat. Use lots of gel if you have it. I've heard moisturing cream works just as well.

I kept two fingers on the pulse on my neck so that I could check if I was hearing my own heartbeat or the baby's as I didnt know what I was listening for to begin with, then I heard a small faint train sound and knew it was the baby. It took me about 5-6 attempts, leaving it a few days in between each try.

Small movements with the doppler head as its easy to glide over. I also found angling it down towards my pubic bone helped find it too.

Good luck, I hope you find it. xxx

^^^wss^^^

Loads of gel, really really low down, slightly to the right too. If u find the whooshing, tree swaying, pulsing type noise move towards the middle a little move as this is ur placenta. A full bladder is a must too and u will probably have to push down quite hard. It took me over an hour to find it at 11+4 weeks, so be patient xx

Last edited:
all as above really. I can only find it if i have such a full bladder i literally feel like i'm going to wet myself lol!!... My LO's heartbeat seems to be slightly to the right and really low down. Good luck, hope you find it but don't panic if you can't :)

Eek I've found it ladies!!! Had a full bladder and didn't take long to find. Was low and to the right like you said and there was no mistaking it as I have an LCD Doppler that shows the heart rate!! Mine was 70 something then found baby's at 147 bpm then i lost it and when I found it again it had gone up so I stopped I case I was distressing the poor thing!! I feel so much happier now that I know there is something actually there!!!
P.s I just did this while at work on my beauty couch!! Thank god no one knocked on the door lol!! Couldn't wait til tonight and it only got delivered this morning! Think I may invest in one now. I'm one happy lady now!! Thanks for all your tips xxx

so glad you heard it! I also heard mine on a doppler I got yesterday, felt a bit tearful! Its so nice to know everythings still ok, but wierd too when you think its only about 3cm!

aww I'm so glad u managed to find it :) It's so reassuring hearing that little sound. It just get easier to find and a lot louder too as they grow :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back