Advice on best mattress for newborn

soffphie

Reaction score
Hi, i am looking at getting a mattress ordered asap. I dont know which is best tho! need help deciding!!

will be buying from baby mattresses online as all are firm etc as recommended lullyby trust, however all have different types of coverings:

Easy Breath -
Deluxe quilted polyester fabric with bound edges in white (or choose from any of our available colours/patterns) with Coolmax Active side panels to help draw cool air into the mattress and around your child.

Coolmax active-
This is an open cell spacer fabric, under licence from Dupont. Coolmax® technology has a micro moisture management system, that improves the airflow around the body whilst sleeping, reducing rapid increases in heat and therefore keeping your child cool throughout the night.

Silver Care
This is a naturally anti-bacterial and anti-static fabric. Based on natural silver, Ultra-fresh Silpure is a new generation of anti-bacterial treatment for mattress coverings. A durable and topical application providing protection and freshness from potentially harmful and odour causing bacteria. Silver is naturally safe and has the power to fight bacteria, contamination and maintain freshness. Helps to regulate your child's temperature by dispersing heat and moisture. The excellent adhesion of silver to the fibres means these properties remain strong even after repeated washings

From my understanding all coverings can be removed so should i or should i not bother to buy a waterproof mattress protector?

I am probably overthinking this :)

We had a next to me crib to begin with which came with a mattress. Used it from birth to around 5.5 months. I got the spring mattress rather than foam that matched our cotbed. It just seemed a bit more substantial than foam.

100% buy a waterproof mattress protector. Actually buy 2.

Hope that helps!

I also have the Next2Me crib, love it. It comes with a mattress.
Then for the cot, I got the Aerosleep mattress, the mattress protector and cover which has a honey grate structure so that if the child ends up on their face on it, they will still be able to breathe.x

Yep we have a next2me as well. Again, it came with the mattress. Our cot mattress is the most expensive one from ikea (still cheap overall). It seems pretty nice to me. You don't need to go fancy with a mattress for a baby. The extra breathable ones seem like a good idea for peace of mind though. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back