Advice needed: worried about my LO chickenpox/ virus

Peppermint

Reaction score
Hello,

A bit of background: my LO (7 months) has been ill since Thursday - irritable, grouchy, high temp, waking constantly at night upset. So we phoned nhs 24 hours on Saturday, seen an emergency doctor who said she had a virus and fever. We'v been giving her calpol to reduce the fever. Then yesterday morning when I turned on the light her face, ears, neck and scalp were covered in little red blotches. Took her to the doc again who said it was too early to diagnose but he thought it was definitely chicken pox beginning. As some of the blotches had turned to more raised spots. He said expect them to spread and blister.

Today she looks much the same, maybe a few more blotches down her back. No more spots though and no blisters. Does this still sound like chicken pox? Should she have blisterered by now?

Anyways, what I'm worried about is since yesterday she just doesn't want to feed. I bf and normally she feeds well. Yesterday and today Everytime I try to nurse her she just becomes so sleepy and sucks a tiny bit then falls asleep. She must be having less than a quarter of what she normally does. She fed nornally at her nighttime feed last night and a bit throughout the night but thats it. She doesn't eat much solids anyways and won't put anything in her mouth since she's poorly. So I can't get her calories up that way. She sips water but hasn't had much at all. Is this normal with chickenpox/ viruses to feed less? Should I be concerned and getting myself mega stressed or just let her feed as she is?

Any advice/ experiences to share would be so helpful.

Last edited:
I don't have any experience I'm afraid, but if it still doesn't look like chickenpox to you and you're worried about her fluid intake I would take her back to the dr.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back