Advice needed please ....

beclove2885

Reaction score
Hi all.

I am so sorry for all your losses.

I need a bit of advice as I'm really scared. Had a few scans baby measured 5.5 weeks and last week she said it was measuring smaller and the sac was lower down with an area of bleed around it. I've had dark brown bleeding on and of for the last two weeks nothing heavy. The gynaecologist said she thinks the tablets to start of the miscarriage would be best as cant guarantee they can get it all with a d&c so didn't want to put me through that yet. I'm going in tomorrow for the tablets to be put inside me. But I've read it's very painful. Now I'm scared and changing my mind maybe I shouldn't go through with it but I want it over with. Does anyone have any experience with the tablets. Would it be like a heavy period as it was only measuring very small ?? I'm so scared I keep crying.

Thank you in advance xxxxxx

Firstly, I wanted to say that I am sorry for your loss and secondly I have no experience at all with the tablets as I have only ever had natural MC's or ERPC's (I have lost 6 altogether).

I think they give you pain relief hon if it is too much but I'm afraid that I can't tell you for sure as I have never gone down that route before.

I am sorry I wasn't able to help but I hope it isn't a terrible experience for you and you can get on and start trying again as soon as you feel able to.

Take care and thinking about you xxx

So sorry to hear you're going through this.
When I had a natural mc at 5 weeks, it was just like a very heavy period with bad cramps, but nothing cocodamol didn't take the edge off.
In April, I found out at a scan at just over 13 weeks that my baby had died. I took oral tablets and then two days later went into hospital and had the tablets inserted inside every three hours to induce the miscarraige. I didn't have any pain until my contractions started, but I was much further on than you are hun.
Have you to stayin hospital until you have passed everything or have the tablets inserted then go home?

So sorry for your losses ladies. It's very hard. I just want it over with. They give me the tablets which has to be inserted and I lay there for an hour and they send me home with co codomol. I'm praying its just a little more painful than a period. I shouldn't see much come out should I as it would of been small??
She scared me as said there's a chance of haemorrhage and blood transfusion. Xxx

Try not to panic yourself hun, you may or may not bleed a lot, but hopefully it'll just be like a really heavy period for you. You will probably pass large clots and one of them will probably be the sac, what I assume was mine from my early loss passed when I went for a pee. I chose not to pick it out the toilet to check, it's just wasn't something I wanted to see for myself.
I hope it's all over for you as quickly as it can. Just take it easy, hot water bottle and cocodamol and plenty of rest xxx

I'm so sorry ur going through this and have to make this awfull decision , I've had the tablets and I won't lie to u I was in agony all day lost lots of blood and cults but no sac it didn't work for me :-( I had to have the Erpc anyways and with my second loss I didn't hesitate I opted for the Erpc as the doc told me my body is unwilling to let to easily judging by my last loss and the tablets not working , I would not hesitate again , but as ur bleeding already maybe it won't be so bad for you I realy don't know and no one will know for sure how it will work out fr u , big hugs hope it's over quickly for u xxx

Hi sorry to this has happened to you. I had a MMC two weeks ago and had the tablets as I'm scared of anaesthetic due to past experience.
I was just over 11 weeks but baby died a few weeks before that.
I had the first tablet on Saturday to stop the hormones, and Monday I had the next tablets inserted. I had to pass everything into cardboard bed pans. I did see the sac and in a way I was curious about it. You can cover it and not look if yo wish.
I didn't find it painful but after the sac passing the cramps got worse and I had paracetamol and ibuprofen, but for the actual miscarriage I didn't have any pain relief. I was offered a morphine injection too if I had needed it.
I was home after six hours in hospital and physically felt fine. The days after that I felt very down and had bad headaches I guess from my hormones dropping so fast.
It's been two weeks now and still have down days but I'm looking forward and trying to be positive.
Physically I'm still spotting a bit, my hpts are getting fainter which is good as they saw a little retained tissue on a scan a week ago, and was given antibiotics.
I'm very eager to start TTC again and hoping it to finish soon.
Take care of yourself during this awful time xxx

Thank you for all your advice. I only have to stay in an hour so the tablets don't drop out. Then I get sent home with pain relief. I'm hoping it won't be to bad as baby was measuring 5.5 weeks so hoping I won't see much when I'm passing it in the toilet. They just scared me with the haemorrhage stuff and blood transfusion. I guess they have to give u worst case scenario. Just feel physically sick. Just wish my body would just hurry up and let go. I should be 12 weeks next week. But my hormones are dropping. Xxxx

I had the tablets when I found out the pregnancy wasn't viable.

If I was faced with the situation again I would choose the same.

I was in hospital from 8am until 1pm and I passed the pregnancy there. I had period cramps and quite bad ones at that but I didn't need pain relief at the time. I bled for a few weeks after.

I'm sorry you have to go through this. Big love to you.

Ps, they gave me the speech about infection/ruptured uterus etc but they just have to cover themselves. Serious complications are rare.

This may sound a bit morbid...
But for those of you who have passed the pregnancy as a whole entity...be it naturally or not, at home or whatever...
Out of curiosity, what did you do with it?
I'm waiting on mine coming out, I can't really picture myself putting it down the toilet, or in the bin...?!

Hi MrsS, well mine went in bed pan which was handed straight to a nurse so I didn't need to choose. They were most interested in the sac and placenta coming away from me, she told me the actual baby wasn't found. I don't think the baby would have been very big as they shrink after they die, horrid term I know. I'd like to think baby re absorbed back into my body.
I think if baby had been there I'd probably ask for it so I could do a burial myself. X

I think it's a good idea to think about what you want so you don't regret it after. My only loss was too early to see anything though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back