advice needed please

Kay Kay

Reaction score
Hi ladies, not been on much lately as haven't had much to say but have a question I need help with. My friend has one months worth of 50mg clomid that she has offered me and I'm actually considering taking it. My question is should i?

For those who don't know ny story, been trying for 2 years, all tests incl hsg normal. Doc says clomid is pointless for me cos I do ovulate however I'm on a very long waiting list for iui (oct) and feel I need to try something. I'm going for acupuncture but got my AF today that's the second since starting so losing faith in it.

I really thought this was our month up until last week when I started getting really bad pmt so I knew AF was on way. Today is cd1 and my friend says you've to take clomid from days 2-6.

So is it worth it? I know there are side effects and risks but the doc won't give me it and its only one month. Feel strange going against my docs advice but I'm at my wits end here, the thought of waiting til Oct makes me feel ill.

Hope you girls are good and not as down as I am :-( Xxx

ooh I wouldn't like to say hun, I understand that it sounds tempting, but if they have already told you that clomid would be pointless for you then I would think not, sorry I cant be much more help xx

To be honest if it was more than 1 months worth i would have said yes, but the first month is like a trial of your body getting used to the clomid. I'd save it and see if you could get some more if youn are thinking of taking it. x

No. I would never take any clinical drugs without medical support. Is it really worth the risk for something that you just don't need?

Morning hon,

I am sorry you feel down and sorry AF got you. Don't despair with accupunture just yet you need to give it a few more months, so keep at it. :) Don't forget you will feel low today as it is AF day 1 and I always feel my worse then. Sending you big hugs.

As for the advice well you are in a very similar situation to me in terms of unexplained infertility and we were advised by our fertility clinic to steer clear of clomid as it can over stimulate your ovaries and there is the small risk that it could send your body into early menopause, so my answer would be no and especially not for one month only. I am going to ask about this again when we get our referal as it would be interesting to see what our IVF clinic thinks. I will let you know.

Having said that hon I saw on here that Maybe Baby had normal cycles and ovulated and she took it and that was when she feel pregnant, so why don't you PM her if she does not see this thread.

I hope you feel better as the day goes on. Have a nice glass of wine tonight and look forward to the weekend. You know where I am.

Love Gizzy xxxxx

Thanks, I think I will leave it this month and give it some more thought. Feeling desperate at the mo. Once AF is out the way I will get back on the horse (so to speak). Just want this nightmare to end Xxx

I am not a fan of self medicating sweetie!

I have no real idea about clomid BUT that is my general rule for everything

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Hey honey, Im sorry you are feeling low! Im right with you on the waiting lark and feeling like your getting nowhere! In terms if the accupuncture I would give it a wee but of time. Is it monthly your doing it yeah?

For the clomid I understand just how tempting it is. Ive got a few tablets of clomid and letrazole left over and have even considered taking them just to do soemething! I decided that in the end self medicating is probably not the best idea. I know its easy for me to say (not ovulating) but as you are ovulating regularly then you do still have a chance every month!

Ive resided myself to keeping going with my accupuncture and last night I went to a nutritionist to check all my levels etc are ok there. Maybe try to get yourself something to read or do or plan in the meantime. It is damn hard. Blooming Royal and their waiting list being so long!!!

Hey honey, Im sorry you are feeling low! Im right with you on the waiting lark and feeling like your getting nowhere! In terms if the accupuncture I would give it a wee but of time. Is it monthly your doing it yeah?

For the clomid I understand just how tempting it is. Ive got a few tablets of clomid and letrazole left over and have even considered taking them just to do soemething! I decided that in the end self medicating is probably not the best idea. I know its easy for me to say (not ovulating) but as you are ovulating regularly then you do still have a chance every month!

Ive resided myself to keeping going with my accupuncture and last night I went to a nutritionist to check all my levels etc are ok there. Maybe try to get yourself something to read or do or plan in the meantime. It is damn hard. Blooming Royal and their waiting list being so long!!!

I know! The flaming Royal!!! I phoned today just to check I was def on the waiting list and she couldn't find me at first! I thought dear lord do not tell me I'm not even on the list yet and it's gonna be even longer??? But she was just being a pie and typed my details in wrong (twice). I asked about switching to North Lanarkshire but she said I'd go to the back of the queue so no point in that. It's only 12 months waiting list for IVF there...and I actually LIVE in North Lan! And it's a sad state of affairs when 12 months seems like a quick waiting time! Sorry rant over!

Scotch - I agree I wouldn't normally entertain going against doctors orders I was just being a crazy lady and when my friend offered it I thought 'it might help'. Guess I'm gonna have to just be patient and try to chill. Hard though xxx

Laura re the acupuncture, I go once a week and I'm booked for another 3 weeks. It's a place on dumbarton road. I've been taking the wee tiny pills morning and night cos I couldn't stomach the teas. My wee woman reckons march is my month so we shall see. Mite sign up for another 4 weeks after that. Can't do any harm and isn't that expensive esp since I've struck a deal with the lady :) x

Cool, I was going once a week but she told me im ok for once every two weeks now with continuing with the tablets in between. I thought this was good as she isnt taking my money just for the sake of it. She expects a natural cycle back in the next few months. Again we will ser. FX for both of us! So we dont have to meet in the Royal!!

I know doll, let's pray it doesn't come to that! That's good your acupuncturist isn't just after the money. FX your cycles come back soon hun Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back