advice needed please help me

roxane 1985

Reaction score
well i put a post on here a few weeks ago asking about some symptoms and should i be concerned etc, unfortunately i didnt get a response so im hoping someone who this has happened towill please reply to me.

after asking if my symptoms showed signs of prem labour i was admitted to hospital sat with regular strong contractions, they decided to give me 2 steroid injections over 12 hrs, thankfully after a few hrs my contractions stopped and i hadnt dialated. i am still getting the odd period pain but no tightenings yet

the consultant today told me because i had already had some symtoms of premlabour thatmy risk of having the baby before my due date had doubled

has this happened to anyone else and have you ended up having the baby before your due date?

Hey chick, not sure i can answer your question. But i can tell you of my experience,

My waters fully broke at 32 weeks, i went straight in to be assessed, i was two cm dilated and like you was given the steriod injections to mature babies lungs. I was kept in hospital for 4 days and begged to go home. They let me home, but i had to go in every other day to be monitored. Then a week after my waters broke, i stared getting pains and started losing blood. So went back to hospital and gave birth the following day (naturally) at 33 weeks. This hasnt answered your questions, but didn't wanna read and run chick. Hope you and lo are ok xxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
there is probably a greater risk the baby to come sooner but you are already 35 weeks and you did have the steroid injection so it shouldn't be a problem at all even if it happens.

I'm not going to be much help, but my sister had her LO one at exactly 36 weeks. That was 7 weeks ago, and she had been in hospital since 27weeks with excessive bleeding. She didn't have any preterm labour signs. He was 5lb 14oz when he was born and spent a week on SCBU, but was home a week later. At 7 weeks old, he's now over 10lbs!! He was really skinny and he needed a more blankets and coverings as he had very little body fat but other than that, development wise he was perfect. Try and remember that you're LO is now only just over a week off being considered full time, and the chances of survival are immensely increased. With my sister, their main concern was getting her to over 36 weeks.

Hope this makes you feel a bit easier about the prospects and implications for your baby should he/she decide to arrive early x

Thanks hun, he keeps teasing me, getting pains and pressure in back passage but belly isn't going tight . Feel like telling him if he is going to come do it now while ppl are free to take me to hospital and look after daughter lol

hey, i was told at the start of my pregnancy with my son that id have a greater chance of having a premature baby as my daughter lily was born at 31 weeks ( and they were right!) I had alfie at 33 weeks, i had leaking 3-4 days before my waters actually broke and they dismissed it to being amniotic fluid which annoyed me cos they didnt listen to me when i said somethings wrong..
your almost reaching 37 weeks anyway so its a very good thing you LO is holding on for you a little longer which is a fantastic sign! :) :) GOOD LUCK!

My son was born at 35+2 and he is fine, spent a few days in scbu but had nothing seriously wrong, and I didn't have the steroid injections as was a placental abruption so happened very suddenly!
So Hun even if yours was to come now I'm pretty sure there would be no problems!
Hope it helps!
XxX

Hi, just wondered if anyone had any info on this please?
Im going to speak to my midwife next week too but thought i would ask here also. I Have PCOS which apparently puts me at greater risk, also my mum went into labour with me at 30 weeks, she was put on tablets for 6 weeks and when she'd been off them exactly a week, she gave birth to me at 37 weeks. ive read it can be hereditary in some cases x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back