Advice needed please girls...

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Mrs Wibbily, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Mrs Wibbily

Mrs Wibbily Well-Known Member

Finn is 8 months. Shares a bedroom with his 4 yr old brother! I put him to bed at 6.30-7pm because he is shattered and needs to go to bed then! Big bro then needs to go to bed for 8-8.30. Try as I might I can't get him to stop making too much noise! Result- Finn wakes up screaming, won't have dummy to settle, will only settle with a feed or just refuses to go back to sleep and is then awake and I am back to square one! Argh! Doing my head in! I feel so frustrated! He is currently laid in his bed screaming because I don't know whether to let him cry it out, or get him up!

I feel like I'm going backwards, I'm becoming more and more tired and bad tempered with everyone!

What would you do? X

2. missyeovil

missyeovil Well-Known Member

Is there anyway you could shift big bro's bedtime forward to about half 7 and little bro's back to nearer there so they both go to bed at a similar time? I'm not sure how else you could manage that. I look after my 8yo stepdaughter and she doesn't share a room with bubs but when I ask her to be quite because A is asleep she just can't be! Even her tiptoeing sounds more like a heard of elephants! It's a difficult one!xx

3. Mrs Wibbily

I'd thought of this but Finn is beside himself if I keep him up! I'm hoping in time I can work one back and one forward to do this.

I feel like such a bad mummy, my oldest, Sam said to me when i went to get Finn that Mummy was cross because he does everything wrong. I am so upset that he thinks he does everything wrong. My hubby is trying so hard to convince me that that isn't what he means. Being a mummy is so hard, I have awful Mummy guilt every day. Even over the littlest thing, such as making sure they have the right foods, if they're cold when we go out(!) never mind when I get cross and shout too much. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

x

4. missyeovil

missyeovil Well-Known Member

:( he definitely won't have meant it that way. :hugs:

S made me feel rubbish when A was really tiny saying that all she ever did was cry - it was just that by the time S was home from school she was beginning to get fussy and tired and so S only ever saw this side to her for a while - but I just felt so bad about it!

I hope you manage to work it out one way or another! A is horrendous at bedtime so I don't have much advice. OH is just back from taking her a walk to get her to sleep :wall: xx

5. ceebee

ceebee Well-Known Member

Oh my God sounds stressful hon. I don't have any personal experience of 2 kids but I know that if Harry was having sleeping issues at 8 months I would try the cc method as can't deal with being tired any more than I am. Would cc disturb your older boy too much tho? xx

6. Mrs Wibbily

Yeah unfortunately I think it would. I co-sleep from about 11 pm but before then is hard. I know he just wants cuddling and that's ok. It's more the disturbance that bothers me. I may have to wait until he is a little older so they can go to bed at the same time! I'm too much of a softie to do CC! Lol.xxx

7. ceebee

ceebee Well-Known Member

Ah bless you. I know I'd hate to do cc so really hope I never have to. I suppose it depends what you can put up with. I know people who did when their LOs were 3 - 4 months old as they just needed their sleep. Hope you manage to get by and keep working on pushing their bed times closer I guess xxx