Advice needed,Help! Missed miscarriage

Jen87

Reaction score
So I had a missed miscarriage which the hospital allowed me 2 weeks to pass before repeat scan. At the scan it was still there so on 11th May I received medication to use at home (3 pessaries) on that night I passed it.
They asked me to take a pregnancy test in 3 weeks time which will be tomorrow. I have tested each week, week1 it was bright pink still, week2 still bright and today is faint (see pic) Do I just wait another week? Or do I contact EPU? X

DA9FDA7A-AA8F-41CF-A3FB-87BCAAB53976.jpeg

So sorry to hear about ur loss x
After my MMC it took me good couple off weeks to finally get my negative test. I will look back on the journal I wrote in here.

Edit so it was about the 3 weeks Mark.
You could give it few more days and see if it's going lighter or maybe give them a call. They wont mind at all

Last edited:
So sorry to hear of your loss. I had an incomplete missed miscarriage 9 yrs ago now and I had positive tests for over 8 weeks before the hospital finally did a erpc operation. Are you still bleeding? Or has it all stopped, I continued to bleed on and off the whole 8 weeks so that's why I knew something was up. If your not bleeding I would wait another week and test again, if still positive then I would contact your hospital again for further tests. If you are still getting bleeding I would be tempted to contact the hospital sooner rather than later to check it has all passed x

So sorry to hear of your loss. I had an incomplete missed miscarriage 9 yrs ago now and I had positive tests for over 8 weeks before the hospital finally did a erpc operation. Are you still bleeding? Or has it all stopped, I continued to bleed on and off the whole 8 weeks so that's why I knew something was up. If your not bleeding I would wait another week and test again, if still positive then I would contact your hospital again for further tests. If you are still getting bleeding I would be tempted to contact the hospital sooner rather than later to check it has all passed x
Thanks for your reply, sorry you have been through that ordeal! I stopped bleeding about 2 weeks ago, so I think il maybe retest in a few days n hope it’s clear! It’s crazy that after all my time of praying for a positive that I’d be desperate for a negative. How long did you wait before trying again? X

So sorry to hear about ur loss x
After my MMC it took me good couple off weeks to finally get my negative test. I will look back on the journal I wrote in here.

Edit so it was about the 3 weeks Mark.
You could give it few more days and see if it's going lighter or maybe give them a call. They wont mind at all
Thank you for your reply sorry to hear of your loss too!
Think il wait a few more days n retest as it is getting fainter than weeks before and Iv stopped bleeding.
How long did you wait before trying again? X

Thanks for your reply, sorry you have been through that ordeal! I stopped bleeding about 2 weeks ago, so I think il maybe retest in a few days n hope it’s clear! It’s crazy that after all my time of praying for a positive that I’d be desperate for a negative. How long did you wait before trying again? X
Thats a good sign that you have stopped bleeding. I know some ladies just take a while for the hcg to return to zero. It is so crazy after a miscarriage that you are praying for the opposite to happen. We started again straight away once my bleeding from the erpc stopped. We caught the following month with my eldest son. I gave birth a year and 6 days after the start of my miscarriage. I really hope you get your negative soon and if you are up for trying again your not waiting too long x

Thank you for your reply sorry to hear of your loss too!
Think il wait a few more days n retest as it is getting fainter than weeks before and Iv stopped bleeding.
How long did you wait before trying again? X

I waited till my one period returned just because I wanted to wait no other reason. I had my mmc in Oct my period returned 23 rd Nov and as I have longer cycles ov again 17th Dec and we conceived. So we were lucky it was rather quick.
How do u feel about trying again x

I am very grateful for a book I came across during pregnancy. I learned from him and benefited a lot from him. I recommend that everyone who reads this message read too much during pregnancy. The most important thing we have is our health. This is why we should keep him and our kids need us, so we should always be with them in good health. So whoever wants this book communicates with me about the matter
This is very insensitive to post here. This person is posting the same thing on multiple threads @Kitana not sure if this needs reporting!

So I had a missed miscarriage which the hospital allowed me 2 weeks to pass before repeat scan. At the scan it was still there so on 11th May I received medication to use at home (3 pessaries) on that night I passed it.
They asked me to take a pregnancy test in 3 weeks time which will be tomorrow. I have tested each week, week1 it was bright pink still, week2 still bright and today is faint (see pic) Do I just wait another week? Or do I contact EPU? X

View attachment 90922
So sorry you went through this. I also had a missed miscarriage, and had medical management which didnt work, I was bleeding for 9 weeks and was kind of left in limbo, with the hospital telling me they didnt know what to do. I'd say if you have stopped bleeding maybe just test again in a few days time and hopefully it shows negative. I waited until I'd had a period to start trying again but to be honest wish I'd waited a bit longer than that to actually deal with what had happened to me. Sending love xx

View attachment 90922

So sorry you are going through this. It is so tough. I had a missed miscarriage last June, had surgical management so slightly different. Was told to test 3 weeks later...waited for 4 weeks as I couldn’t bare to see a positive. So hopefully yours will be negative in a few days.

We started trying again straight after first period (but had previously taken almost 2 years each to get pregnant with our son and the baby we lost so just felt we didn’t have any time to waste). If this wasn’t the case, I think I’d have taken a bit more time to heal mentally. We were so lucky to fall pregnant 6 months later, now 23 weeks x

So sorry you are going through this. It is so tough. I had a missed miscarriage last June, had surgical management so slightly different. Was told to test 3 weeks later...waited for 4 weeks as I couldn’t bare to see a positive. So hopefully yours will be negative in a few days.

We started trying again straight after first period (but had previously taken almost 2 years each to get pregnant with our son and the baby we lost so just felt we didn’t have any time to waste). If this wasn’t the case, I think I’d have taken a bit more time to heal mentally. We were so lucky to fall pregnant 6 months later, now 23 weeks x
Thank you for sharing your experience and congratulations on your new pregnancy! We hav been trying for over 2years and this was a natural pregnancy after a failed ivf, so are keen to try as soon as we can. More so coz Iv heard a lot of stories of being more fertile after miscarriage.

So sorry you went through this. I also had a missed miscarriage, and had medical management which didnt work, I was bleeding for 9 weeks and was kind of left in limbo, with the hospital telling me they didnt know what to do. I'd say if you have stopped bleeding maybe just test again in a few days time and hopefully it shows negative. I waited until I'd had a period to start trying again but to be honest wish I'd waited a bit longer than that to actually deal with what had happened to me. Sending love xx
Thank you for sharing your experience and congratulations on your new pregnancy!
Think I will wait n test again in few days. We hav been trying for over 2years and this was a natural pregnancy after a failed ivf, so are keen to try as soon as we can. More so coz Iv heard a lot of stories of being more fertile after miscarriage.

I waited till my one period returned just because I wanted to wait no other reason. I had my mmc in Oct my period returned 23 rd Nov and as I have longer cycles ov again 17th Dec and we conceived. So we were lucky it was rather quick.
How do u feel about trying again x
That’s great that it’s happened again so quick for you.We hav been heard a lot of stories of being more fertile after miscarriage. Wev been trying for over 2years and this was a natural after a failed ivf, so are keen to try as soon as we can x

Thats a good sign that you have stopped bleeding. I know some ladies just take a while for the hcg to return to zero. It is so crazy after a miscarriage that you are praying for the opposite to happen. We started again straight away once my bleeding from the erpc stopped. We caught the following month with my eldest son. I gave birth a year and 6 days after the start of my miscarriage. I really hope you get your negative soon and if you are up for trying again your not waiting too long x
That’s good! I have heard a lot of people say after miscarriage they fall pregnant the following month which makes me keen to try as soon as I can x

That’s great that it’s happened again so quick for you.We hav been heard a lot of stories of being more fertile after miscarriage. Wev been trying for over 2years and this was a natural after a failed ivf, so are keen to try as soon as we can x

Best off luck to you. Really hope u see ur positive again soon xo

Still showing positive on Thursday so I rang the hospital. They are not concerned as I have no other symptoms. Just said it’s common to still show positive after 3 weeks. I have to test again next Thursday. There was the option of another scan but they said with current situation was best to see wat next week brings! Fingers Xd it’s negative!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back