Advice needed desperately...can't talk to family, friends or even boyfriend yet...

Missnaive

Reaction score
My partner and I have not been using any form of contraception since Nov 2015 (almost a year now). We have not been openly trying to concieve but at the same time we havent done anything to prevent it from happening. In the last 11 months I have had a few late periods which have caused a few panics but that was all.

But now I am convinced I am pregnant...my last period ended 2 weeks and 2 days ago. On the 2 week mark I was feeling really off (I thought I had drank too much coffee or maybe i hadnt eaten enough) my stomach was feeling all over the place and then when I went to the toilet I discovered a really pinky/brown discharge (sorry if tmi!!!) I thought at the time it was weird but took no notice...then in the evening I had some bad cramps and nothing like what I have during pms. The pinky brown stuff only lasted 2 days which makes me think it could have been implantation bleeding as AF are really heavy pretty much from the start.
My boobs have suddenly doubled in size (they are only small so any change in shape is very noticable and they do increase before AF). AF is not due for a week and 3 days and yesterday I felt so exhausted I spent the whole day in bed just feeling really crap, my boyfriend even said I looked exhausted huge bags around my eyes. I also keep having intense hot flushes even though it is freezing and my forehead feels on fire.

Am I just symptom spotting because I feel like I am pregnant? It's all I can think about and I need some clarity as I can't do HPT for at least a week and a half!! I think it has just been 8 or 9dpo.

What do you girls think? Is it likely that I am? How soon can I do a test? And what tests would you recommend?

I am totally clueless and have no one to talk to and really need someone to talk to!

Firstly I'm really sorry if this sounds blunt but I don't understand why you've put yourself in this position? If you don't want to be pregnant and it's causing this much anxiety, then why not use contraception? I'd understand a slip up but if it's been a year unprotected surely pregnancy was going to be a strong possibility? You're right, it probably is too early to test, the earliest really is 5 days before your period is due and you need to use a very sensitive test like a First Response Early Result or Superdrug early result. Your symptoms could well be pregnancy related but they could just as easily be something else - it's very easy to convince ourselves of these things and you probably won't be able to stop thinking about it until your period comes or you test.. x

You're not using contraception for a year but panic at a late period? Do you want to be pregnant?!

If you're going to test early then use a First Response Early Result but you're best off waiting until your period is due.

If you don't want to be pregnant, then save yourself the panic and use some contraception.

XX

Most women ovulate about 2 weeks after their period so it is more likely the spotting you had was related to ovulation (or something else). Unless you often get very short cycles it is highly unlikely to have been implantation bleeding so early in your cycle. Infact 2 weeks and 2 days after your last period implantation is unlikely to have even started yet. Some women get slight pregnancy symptoms a week or so before they miss their period but most don't get symptoms until a couple days before their period is due at the earliest. By that time you are quite likely to get a positive pregnancy test if you are pregnant. Of course if you are having regular unprotected sex there is a high chance you will eventually get pregnant but to be honest I think even if you are pregnant this cycle the symptoms you are getting now are more likely to be down to a bit of a bug or something. If your cycles are often irregular then its possible that you suffer from a bit of a hormone imbalance that could cause pregnancy type symptoms.

If your period was 2 weeks and 2 days ago, it's extremely unlikely you would be 8 or 9dpo. It's likely you're ovulating around now which may explain the symptoms you're experiencing.

The only way you would be experiencing pregnancy symptoms by now would be if your last period wasn't actually a period but implantation bleeding. Was it lighter or shorter or anything? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back