advice help

Rebeccap1988

Reaction score
I have been trying to conceive now for over a year. This month I thought I would give ovulation kits a go and the clear blue kit gave me a peak fertility reading 9 days ago.
I’m expecting my period mid to late next week they can be anything from 28-34 days long.
For two days every now and then I have felt only for a few seconds a sharp pain on the right side. It then goes away and comes back here and there again only for a few seconds. Then today I’ve felt all over mild pain which hasn’t really gone away (I have had this before but not with the sharp pain) the sharp pain has gone today.
I have obviously done a lot of research in the past year and always seem to have twinges and stuff going on down there during the last 2 weeks of my cycle. I think I remember feeling a pain like that last month around same time in my cycle but before then I have never felt it before.
Could the OPK kit be wrong? Ie could this be ovulation pain? Could I get a peak fertility reading and ovulate 9 days later?
I’ve read implantation pains are more like period cramps?
Any ideas...obviously after a year I read into every little thing and just wondered what people thought it could be. ? Please reply any advice or thoughts much appreciated

Hi Rebecca.
When you got your peak on the OPK did you have any symptoms match up to it over the next couple of days, like EWCM, any thing that would suggest you was ovulating?
Although OPK's are good, they aren't definite. The only way to tell if you have definitely ovulated is by temping and im guessing you dont do that?
I have been on this journey for 17 months now and i have to say my body throws a new symptom at my every time. I had really strong ov pains last cycle and i got the cramps on 6DPO that would indicate implantation but nope, still no pregnancy.
My advice is to just try and switch off in the 2ww and see if AF arrives on time. xx

Hi Rebecca.
When you got your peak on the OPK did you have any symptoms match up to it over the next couple of days, like EWCM, any thing that would suggest you was ovulating?
Although OPK's are good, they aren't definite. The only way to tell if you have definitely ovulated is by temping and im guessing you dont do that?
I have been on this journey for 17 months now and i have to say my body throws a new symptom at my every time. I had really strong ov pains last cycle and i got the cramps on 6DPO that would indicate implantation but nope, still no pregnancy.
My advice is to just try and switch off in the 2ww and see if AF arrives on time. xx
I second everything here. I temp (using Ava bracelet) and this month I did some opks. I had a positive but didnt appear to ovulate until 2-3 days later. And every single month, much like Char, I have every 'symptom' under the sun. The fact is, usually these are simply due to hormonal changes and could be either AF on way or potentially pregnancy, but because they are the same there is no way to tell for sure until you get that positive test! I have also read that implantation bleeding is a myth of sorts. Personally I now ignore everything and just wait for AF to turn up!

Hey girlies, I don’t do temperatures I’ve only started using the OPK this month, as I didn’t wana be tracking every little thing but I thought I would try it this month because nothing else has worked so far.
Yea I totally agree with what you both say in the sense that different symptoms all the time and I shouldn’t read into it. I guess when you want something badly you just pick up on every little thing.
Thanks for advice though, even if I ovulated a few days after we still did the deed over that so fingers crossed.

Good luck to you both hope BFP arrives soon x

Hey girlies, I don’t do temperatures I’ve only started using the OPK this month, as I didn’t wana be tracking every little thing but I thought I would try it this month because nothing else has worked so far.
Yea I totally agree with what you both say in the sense that different symptoms all the time and I shouldn’t read into it. I guess when you want something badly you just pick up on every little thing.
Thanks for advice though, even if I ovulated a few days after we still did the deed over that so fingers crossed.

Good luck to you both hope BFP arrives soon x
Good luck to you too! I know exactly what you mean. When you've been trying a while and want it badly, it's so easy to look into everything! I still do it ever month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back