Advice/help??

aimz84

Reaction score
Hello,
I apologise in advance if this isn't the right place to post this. but hope someone can help me.
My husband and I have started tryign for baby #2. On the 21st Dec we had a very faint positive. But then on the 28th Dec, I had heavy bleeding and cramps, finally got through to the EPU and it they think I had a chemical pregnancy/very early miscarriage.
Once the bleeding stopped (which was about a week), we dtd unprotected, I believe I was ov 2 weeks ago, I was wondering, has anyone been here, or have any advice at all, about what happens after a mc, when should I start AF again, when did you start again etc,
If I worked it out from the first day of bleeding which was the 28th Dec then I should be due on yesterday (25th Jan). But no sign of AF yet.
I am so confused, the EPU and dr were not very helpful when I spoke to them. Dr wasn't really interested, think he was a locum, and the EPU lady was friendly and gave me some advice but not really helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Aimz x

Hiya,
Sorry to hear about your mc. I've had two mcs and both times my cycle didn't come back to normal for months. Some ladies will ov as normal and get their cycles back right away but it is classed as normal for it to take up to 6 months! Both times I was told to leave it for a certain amount of time (I think it was 8 weeks and 10 weeks) then to get a bleed induced by my gp. This was only because we were under the fertility clinic and waiting for tests that needed to be done on certain cycle days.

We started ttc again straight away both times.

Good luck :)

Hi...really sorry to hear about your loss. I read online somewhere that its ok to start trying straight away after a chemical pregnancy. Good luck to you x

Hi, thank you so much for your replies :)
So sorry for your loses Snowbee.

I did a test this afternoon, I was going to wait until the morning, but I'm rather impatient lol!!
And I got a faint positive.

I did a test after the mc as advised by EPU and it came back negative and then I did one a couple of weeks later and still negative, so I am really hoping this will turn into a dark positive. But I'm a bit nervous about it. :-/

Fingers crossed! Hopefully it will be stronger in the morning!

Thank you. I dont want to get too excited about it just yet. As this is what happened last time. Had a couple of pos then a week later a early mc.

Thank you so much though. :) you seem more positive than me lol.
I honestly didnt think it had worked as had no symptoms. But didnt with my little boy either lol.

Thanks again. Will keep you posted. :)xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back