Advice, help needed

Sara love

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I’m 30 almost 31 and have found out I am pregnant. This happened last year and unfortunately financially and mental we were not ready so I had an abortion. We are in a better spot now and have bought our first house and living a great life. However, I’m still not sure I’m “ready”. I still think about how I’ll be left out of fun things with my friends and not being able to do all the things I want in life. Can you let me know how you knew you were ready or if you had the same feelings as me what you did? I know this is veryyyyg selfish and someone immature but it’s a lot of responsibility and want to make the best choice for myself and my baby

In my experience, nobody is ever ready. There are many women here who have fertility issues so you may not get too many opinions (as you can see nobody replied). It’s your right to choose what to do with your body. Personally, I don’t think anyone should have to “convince” you to stay pregnant. That child deserves your everything. If you aren’t prepared to do that, then you know the answer to your question. And I recommend doubling your protection from now on so there’s not another “oops”.

I agree with Mystic Kitten on the fact that it seems no one is ever “ready.” It’s a very overwhelming feeling. We were intentionally trying, and had the same feeling. Not in a bad way, just realizing the sobering responsibility. I’m always a proponent of loving on your little one as a gift from God. It’s good that you are already looking to do the best for your baby. <3

When my husband and I started trying I was sure I was ready. And then when I got pregnant, I started questioning it. I thought about all the Friday nights at bars with my friends. All the things I would miss out on. But I wanted my baby, and I wouldn’t stop until we had one.

now? I hate going to the bar and being out late. It’s just not fun… it gets old. Partying. I’d rather be at home with my kid, or at my friends house with their kids grilling and hanging out on the deck. Starting a family is the best experience. It’s not for everyone, but if you’re doubting going through with it because of the things you’ll miss out on, I think you’ll regret it the next time you’re doing something you were afraid of missing.

trust me, all those “fun things” won’t matter once you hold your baby. I promise. When my husband and I have date nights, most of the time we come home early because we just want to be with our baby. He makes life fun… he really does. You’re gonna be okay, and not everything in life is impossible with children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back