Advice greatfully appreciated

determined79

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Looking for some advice and support.
Currently 18 weeks +1 in Tri 2. Starting to worry because of a few things and would be greatful for everyone's feedback

I haven't yet felt my baby move...is this normal ? I was 2 weeks ago diagnosed as having E. coli after gp found protein in a urine sample, was given amoxicillin for three days, Then got Thrush so bought an over the counter pessary and used (not the applicator) that cleared that up. Went back to go to provide another sample and she said still faint traces of protein, got results yesterday that I still have infection and been given another course of different anti biotics. I'm terrified this is harming my baby...in keep thinking perhaps that's why. Can't feel movement-because the infections have caused issues? I also wake up to find I've been asleep o n my stomach(slept this way since I was a baby)....am I doing this all wrong? I'm so worried 😩

18 weeks is still very early to feel movements with their first. With their first most people do not actually feel movements until between 20-25 weeks. I know with my first it wasnt until after 20 weeks and I had an anterior placenta (so that cushes movement too).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Oh bless you - it's horrible isn't it.. I think it's more difficult when we group these issues together into one big bundle as it make them seem so much more scary. Looking at your problems in isolation -
E Coli is incredibly common and is present in our digestive system all the time, if it's in your urine it just means it's wondered astray and caused a little UTI. It's great it's been picked up and is being treated - I am sure the antibiotics selected are safe for your baby and the infection itself won't reach the baby (the placenta will filter it out..) If you need any reassurance I'd ask the doctor to call you for a chat (I did this when I had an infection early in my pregnancy, having the science and facts behind it made it so much easier to deal with..)
In terms of movements, as Lura said it's perfectly normal not to be feeling baby yet. I felt mine very late on this time round as I have an anterior placenta, or baby might just be kicking to the back where you can't feel it.
Sleeping on your tummy will probably get too uncomfortable long before it can cause any discomfort to the baby! If it makes you anxious though, sleep with a pillow in front of you so you can't roll all the way over. I just bought a snuggle v-shaped one from Dunelm Mill for 15 quid and it is the comfiest sleep buddy!
I am sure all will be fine - try not to worry - I'm assuming you've got a scan coming up very soon so just focus on that and look forward to seeing your baby wriggle around then :) xx

Oh bless you - it's horrible isn't it.. I think it's more difficult when we group these issues together into one big bundle as it make them seem so much more scary. Looking at your problems in isolation -
E Coli is incredibly common and is present in our digestive system all the time, if it's in your urine it just means it's wondered astray and caused a little UTI. It's great it's been picked up and is being treated - I am sure the antibiotics selected are safe for your baby and the infection itself won't reach the baby (the placenta will filter it out..) If you need any reassurance I'd ask the doctor to call you for a chat (I did this when I had an infection early in my pregnancy, having the science and facts behind it made it so much easier to deal with..)
In terms of movements, as Lura said it's perfectly normal not to be feeling baby yet. I felt mine very late on this time round as I have an anterior placenta, or baby might just be kicking to the back where you can't feel it.
Sleeping on your tummy will probably get too uncomfortable long before it can cause any discomfort to the baby! If it makes you anxious though, sleep with a pillow in front of you so you can't roll all the way over. I just bought a snuggle v-shaped one from Dunelm Mill for 15 quid and it is the comfiest sleep buddy!
I am sure all will be fine - try not to worry - I'm assuming you've got a scan coming up very soon so just focus on that and look forward to seeing your baby wriggle around then :) xx

Thank you so much for that, its always good to get someones opinion. I've had my 12 week scan when baby was wriggling around like nobody's business (Takes after his dad there :) ) my 20 week is on 05/12/2016 - I've been working myself up thinking that the infection has caused problems and when I get for my scan there will be issues. I guess its just so daunting and bewildering when its your first time, especially as Im on the older side as well. X

18 weeks is still very early to feel movements with their first. With their first most people do not actually feel movements until between 20-25 weeks. I know with my first it wasnt until after 20 weeks and I had an anterior placenta (so that cushes movement too).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Oh thank you for this, I guess I'm just eager to meet the little one and make sure they are taken care of properly

Hello - I've just logged on after a break from PF due to me moving house and I'm so pleased to read you are expecting.

There's a FB group for April/Spring babies you are welcome to join - PM me and I'll send details / add you. x

I haven't felt much either hun and this is my third I have an anterior placenta tho so wondering if that's why. did you have your scan?

I haven't felt much either hun and this is my third I have an anterior placenta tho so wondering if that's why. did you have your scan?

That's a good point. We also have an anterior placenta and I don't feel nearly as much movement now as I did with my LG.

Hi I'm 19 weeks tomorrow with baby number 4 all I feel at the moment are like pitter patter type movements u know like if you tap your fingers on your hand? They are still only tiny and I don't expect to feel proper movements until about 22/23 weeks if I'm honest. Try not to panic u probably are feeling the movements but just not realizing that's what they are xxx

Anterior placenta makes it really hard to feel kicks! Don't worry baby will be breaking ribs in no time!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back