Advice desperately needed. Thank you girls!!

Jen3704

Reaction score
I am at my wits end!! I desperately need some advice girlies.

My little one is 4months old and for the last 5 weeks he has been grumpy, nothing pleases him and he also wants feeding every two minutes!!! At first we thought it was the sleep regression/growth spurt, but for 5weeks!!!! I dont know what to do!! He has never been like this!!

He doesnt seem in any pain or anything, he just contantly sucks his fingers/hands and cries in a whiney way.

At night he has never been the best sleeper tbh, and nothing much has changed there.

We have tried restricting his feeds, then tried feeding on demand (which is hard, cos its all the time!) nothing works. He is just so grumpy, nothing pleases him.

He is breast fed.

Please help girls!!

Spencer is going through exactly the same thing!! It is a mixture of a leap, sleep regression and teething. It could be the teething.

He's started to settle down the past couple of days but it's been going on 6 weeks now.

Spencer David Wilcockson 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

Teething? My LO is four months and has been like a sulky wee teenager recently! For the last couple of days he's been chewing everything in sight, especially his hands. When he feeds does he suck or chew? What if you put a finger in his mouth, will he chew that?

Growth spurt, leap, and teething (doesn't mean teeth are coming, they will just be moving) all rolled into one my darling. On demand feeding is the best thing you can do, if he wants the food and comfort give it to him. It won't last for ever. Don't believe the hype that he is ready for more food i.e solids, he's not! He's feeding all the time to get your milk supply up, which is what he needs to do.

I know that it is such hard work and massive cuddles to you and your hubby, but I promise it won't last forever. Chin up. xxxxxx

thanks hun!! What did you do, feed him on demand each time? I'm clueless lol

wow!! Loads of replies in the time it took me to reply once haha!! That really is a huge help girls!! thank you so much, i'll keep on feeding on demand then. I just didnt know if this was normal or what was happening!!! First time mum alert haha!!!

I'll keep going then, thats really encouraging knowing that it will pass and i'm not alone going through this!!! I just didnt know what to do for the best!!

Thnak you so much girls!!

thanks hun!! What did you do, feed him on demand each time? I'm clueless lol

I'm not breast feeding anymore but I am feeding on demand, not even keeping an eye on times etc

Got him Nelson's teething powder and That's really helped.

Also if you have any kind of routine don't change it keep doing the same thing over and over and eventually baby will fall back in to it! You'll get through it honey

Spencer David Wilcockson 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

You're not clueless lovey, it's just all new. I remember with my first I would just cry all the time as i didn't know what i was doing. This time however I'm much more relaxed. I still feed on demand (9 months in:lol:) as I'm very much about nurturing this time. Finn feeds easily 6-7 times during the day and then about 4-5 times through the night (we co-sleep). I love it. try and enjoy it my love, the time passes all too quickly.xxx

My lb is 6 months and teething and anything he can shive in his mouth he loves right now. He also has a growth spurt going on so PERMANENTLY eats ridiculous amounts.g was sleeping through as well and now back to night feeds ish.....killing me so feel your pain. My advice go with it.....iv leabred the hard way from lack of slwep and thinking HE CANNOT BE HUNGRY but hes downing bottles etc...... also if hes really uncomfortable a little calpol takes his edge iff x

And as for "clueless" gregs my second and still sometimes wonder wtf is going on.....someone once told me that when you first meet soemone you have to get to know them to find out their huomour, their irritances, grievances, things that make them happy etc....ae with a baby you HAVE to get to learn them...which is EVEN harder when they cant speak or communucate :) as I say g is my 2nd and ots no easier xx

feeling loads better about it all now, just felt as though i was being a rubbish mummy, but now i realise how stupid i was thinking that!! He seems a tiny bit more settled now, probably cos mummy is less stressed hehe! Going to try the teething powders, never knew they existed!! thanks hun!!

I knew coming on here would help. you're all brilliant!!!! Calming down a stressed out me haha!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back