advice desperately needed - 28/4

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by s, Apr 28, 2005.

1. s

s Well-Known Member

I find this forum really helpful and interesting. I've got a query for you pregnant ladies from one who hopes to be. Did you have raised small white pimples around your nipples - Montgomery's tubercles - before you tested for pregnancy? My period is due in a week and I developed these lumps last week. I've got tender swollen breasts and am unbelievably tired. I've also gone off coffee. I read on another site that Montgomery's tubercles is a sure sign of pregnancy and only appears on newly pregnant women. Replies gratefully recieved. And a happy pregnancy to you all.

2. dani200420052000

dani200420052000 Well-Known Member

Ihave heard that you only get them when your pregnant tooo. i SOO HOPE YOU ARE. x

3. newbump

newbump Well-Known Member

My nipples and breasts became very tender about 2 weeks b4 my period was due, and was also very tired. Have you thought about doing a test which can be done 4 days before you are due!!?? just make sure you do it first thing in the morning, as your hormones will be stronger!

Good luck
    Natalie x

4. futuremum

futuremum Well-Known Member

Hi!
    i was wondering if you can be pregnant without having those montgomery tubercules? I have none whatsoever or i really do not know what it looks like( could not find any pic of them on the internet) but i have had no changes on my breast apart from the soreness and them being firmer. I hope they will stay the same size as i am already a 36 E and are already heavy lol

5. littlebump

littlebump Well-Known Member

Hi Futuremum

I wouldn't worry - I haven't had any white lumps, and though I've always thought my nipples were a bit lumpy, they only started to change around 4 weeks ago when lots of new bumps started to appear. I guess everyone is different.

LB xx